Just got my weekly "your car warranty is running out" solicitation call....

/ Just got my weekly "your car warranty is running out" solicitation call.... #1  

Richard

Elite Member
Tractor
International 1066 Full sized JCB Loader/Backhoe and a John Deere 430 to mow with
I'm working from home today. Preparing for my next phone meeting. Phone (my WORK phone) rings so I answer and of course, it's the nice recorded female telling me they've been trying to reach me about my cars warranty....

I've got a few minutes to spare so I figure let's slow them down a bit.

I wait for the next salesman and the guy had a T.H.I.C.K foreign accent, almost to the point of not being understandable AND (no disrespect) he talked as fast as someone from the north east. (fortunately, I'm a Yankee myself so that part was fine BUT for some others in the area I live, that would have made his sales pitch more difficult)

I play along..... told him that (because her initial recording said they had RECENTLY sent me a flier in the mail, which we all know is B.S.) I told him that I GOT their mail and I had ALREADY sent a check in the mail...

He paid no attention and started his speed talk about year/make of car... so I changed gears and made up some information. He asked if I had any other cars. I stuttered a bit and made him repeat it.... (anything to slow them down)

I finally said that yes, I had several antique cars.

To which he said "Sir, I think you are lying to me..... you think about our offer" and he hung up.

Heh. He just made my day.

/ Just got my weekly "your car warranty is running out" solicitation call.... #2  
Yeah, this chit is redicilous......I wish more than once I didn't have to carry a phone for work.

/ Just got my weekly "your car warranty is running out" solicitation call.... #3  
Retirement is Great! No ringing phones. We have special ring tones for the elderly parents so they can always get a hold of us in the case of emergencies. Our landline is private and unlisted so the solicitations have all but stopped. Our doctors have the wife's cell number and no one has mine. My phone has rang one time in 3 years (it was a wrong number). After 40 years of ringing phones, the peace and quiet is most welcome.

/ Just got my weekly "your car warranty is running out" solicitation call.... #4  
Heck I wish it was only weekly. I get at least 1 a day for warranty and 1 for heath care

/ Just got my weekly "your car warranty is running out" solicitation call.... #5  
In CA only licensed auto dealers are allowed to sell extended warranties. I don't know if this "monopoly" is warranted, but it is a Felony for anyone else to sell one in CA. Then, the dealer is the warrantor, not some Nigerian emperor. Yeah, that really slows them down. :ROFLMAO:

/ Just got my weekly "your car warranty is running out" solicitation call.... #6  
I got about 25 of those calls today. Usually a solid 20 most days.

/ Just got my weekly "your car warranty is running out" solicitation call.... #7  
I use an iPhone as my primary/house phone.

You can set it so that only calls from your contacts actually ring. Any other calls go right to voice mail.

there will still be a notification on your screen showing the number and location though, so you are aware that a call came in (though the number snd location are usually fake).

if there is no voice mail message, I just block the number

/ Just got my weekly "your car warranty is running out" solicitation call.... #8  
I use an iPhone as my primary/house phone.

You can set it so that only calls from your contacts actually ring. Any other calls go right to voice mail.

there will still be a notification on your screen showing the number and location though, so you are aware that a call came in (though the number snd location are usually fake).

if there is no voice mail message, I just block the number
Yes, but they hi Jack local numbers too. Maybe I can set so I just have ring from contacts.

/ Just got my weekly "your car warranty is running out" solicitation call.... #9  
Friend of mine got a phone and was constantly getting robocalls, so much so that he threatened to cancel his service and go to another provider. They ended up adding another step that people have to push another single digit that they're prompted to enter to get thru once they dial his number. It's no big deal if you're calling him and it's totally removed all his garbage calls.
Mind you his was a recycled number which made a difference as well........Mike

/ Just got my weekly "your car warranty is running out" solicitation call.... #10  
Messing with people with such a lack of ethics won't do anything. When I get such calls at work I just set the receiver aside. Tie up the line for as long as possible. Fortunately my private numbers don't get dialed much at all.