Kubota Tractors are Tinted now

/ Kubota Tractors are Tinted now #11  
Why in the world would you need tinting up North??? It gets that hot up there?

It is near 100* and the humidity is near 80% daily most of the year here, just stifling :D Tinting is a necessity here. Still better than snow tho ;)
Not sure about North, but at elevation the Sun's rays are brutal. If you couple that with snow on the ground it is blinding. I can see a huge advantage to having some tint, but I do also need to plow in the dark (RTV).

/ Kubota Tractors are Tinted now
We have had 10 years experience in the north, we got the dirty snow. bleh

I know some people around here just use clear Ceramic Tint. I would ask around and see what others do.

/ Kubota Tractors are Tinted now #13  
I will take snow over the heat any day. If it never got above 60 I would be happy.
Besides, winter without snow is like breakfast without orange juice... :D

PS: nice looking fleet of Kubotas. 👍

/ Kubota Tractors are Tinted now #14  
"Why in the world would you need tinting up North??? It gets that hot up there?"

Driving a tractor with a cab and no A/C is essentially like driving a solar panel. Opening the windows works to some extent, but I usually run with the windows closed to avoid dust, pollen, etc.

/ Kubota Tractors are Tinted now
"Why in the world would you need tinting up North??? It gets that hot up there?"

Driving a tractor with a cab and no A/C is essentially like driving a solar panel. Opening the windows works to some extent, but I usually run with the windows closed to avoid dust, pollen, etc.
Absolutely true everywhere. We run A/C's in our tractors year round LOL And I have insulated the floor with Kilmat everywhere I could on the floor, tried the roof but it interfered with the flow of return air so had to remove it. Greenhouse effect I tell ya! :LOL::ROFLMAO:

/ Kubota Tractors are Tinted now #16  
I will take snow over the heat any day. If it never got above 60 I would be happy.
Besides, winter without snow is like breakfast without orange juice... :D

👍
When its cold you just add layers of clothing.
BUT
When its hot there is just so much you can remove!

/ Kubota Tractors are Tinted now #17  
Nice set of machines you have there fellow Floridian.
I'd call you a northerner (since you're north of here), but you're still in God's country.

/ Kubota Tractors are Tinted now #18  
As my screen name implies..I'm in the tint business. Although we are a commercial tinting company, I can h place you all with any confusion in regards to film performance and properties. Tractors and Ceramic film... not the best option for heat rejection. Ceramic films absorb the heat and re-radiate it bake into the cab. When it's installed on a car, the heat is to some small degree blown off the glass as it is moving down the road and what the occupant of the car feels on their skin as heat is the IR portion of the spectrum. That said, IR accounts for such a small amount of TSER it is almost negligible. The only real advantage to a ceramic film is the low reflection. This makes it easier to see out of at night or low light levels. ..Window film does 1 of 3 things with light and heat..it can either absorb it, reflect it, or transmit it. ..some way some how..those 3 metrics will always equal,100% of the solar pie chart.

/ Kubota Tractors are Tinted now #19  
As my screen name implies..I'm in the tint business. Although we are a commercial tinting company, I can h place you all with any confusion in regards to film performance and properties. Tractors and Ceramic film... not the best option for heat rejection. Ceramic films absorb the heat and re-radiate it bake into the cab. When it's installed on a car, the heat is to some small degree blown off the glass as it is moving down the road and what the occupant of the car feels on their skin as heat is the IR portion of the spectrum. That said, IR accounts for such a small amount of TSER it is almost negligible. The only real advantage to a ceramic film is the low reflection. This makes it easier to see out of at night or low light levels. ..Window film does 1 of 3 things with light and heat..it can either absorb it, reflect it, or transmit it. ..some way some how..those 3 metrics will always equal,100% of the solar pie chart.
So what would your recommendation be for helping with cooling the cab but still have decent visibility in low light?

/ Kubota Tractors are Tinted now #20  
Its a trade off. the best performance will be a reflective film. ( Mirrored ) this reflects the heat of the glass before its absorbed and re radiated in. Down side is that it can be hard to see out if there is interior light at night. My suggestion would be a dual reflective film that is mirrored on the exterior., but has a non reflective surface facing in. This type of film will require a skilled installer as it is more difficult to install on curved glass and is not easily shrunk like some other films.