TODAY'S GUN TIME

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #8,901  
You're speaking as a firearms owner, NOT as an actor not familiar with firearms. As mentioned, I get it.
If the script requires an actor to drive a car, they have to learn how to drive. That is a far more complex task than safe handling of a firearm. If a job requires a skill, either you learn the skill or you don't get the job.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #8,902  
If the script requires an actor to drive a car, they have to learn how to drive. That is a far more complex task than safe handling of a firearm. If a job requires a skill, either you learn the skill or you don't get the job.
Funny enough I don't disagree with you, and I find your analogy a pretty good one.

A gun is nothing more than a tool, and the operator of the tool determines what the tool function is to perform, no different than your analogy.

I guess my only point is instead of gun owners bashing the actor for improperly handling the tool the "right way" which he may or may not of legally had to do (which in todays press really doesn't accomplish anything no matter how you play it), help the guy understand.

However, per your analogy, operating a gun is a right, not a privilege (such as driving a car).

Issue is, we all assume that if you have a right, we know how to exercise those rights properly.

Also, per your analogy on guns vs cars, I'm thinking with the movies, it's easy to show you know what your doing as an actor operating either a gun or car. Issue is that the movies are make believe IMO.

I honestly don't know the answer to this, but if your on a movie set, do you have to have a drivers license to drive a car?

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #8,903  
F.Y.I. - If you don't want your boys to know anything about their father doing stupid stuff when he was their age:

Then stop posting about stupid stuff...

KC
F.Y.I 17 year olds today don't even use facebook, let alone a tractor forum for information.

Out of the thousand of members here, how many do you think are under the age of 27? I'd guess very few.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #8,904  
The movie industry LOVES guns, or else we wouldn't have so many movies/ TV shows that involve them. Its an easy way to punch up the tension of the story. In a way, theater, and common FPS games have done us a great disservice. Real life, doesn't require the level of gun use, used as portrayed, by the movie industry, in the fictional worlds they create. Yet they know it will sell, and make money. Thus the world they present is much worst than the real world. Many people don't know what the real world is. They get their sense of the real world from media.

The transition to Comic Book like movies, were by guns are just redefined as some sort of supernatural power, or even sci-fi: Its the same thing as a gun - the power to take life, if you get frustrated and wish to take things in your own hands, is celebrated in this fictional world: This makes for an easy story, with a lot of collateral damage. I don't know what "Rust" was about, cause I have not seen it as a complete film. In this community, of tractor owners, I see lots of subtle political beliefs being used. Yet, if on the set of Clint Eastwood's newest movie, "Cry Macho,"... if some one got killed cause the fire arm prop person was not on task, you wouldn't care. Or at least you would be making statements to absolve Eastwood. You've made it political, cause

Alec Baldwin​

has political ideas counter to your own. And to those people, I say, "You are the problem:" To take this tragic event and say something political about it using a cut and paste provided to you on your alt-right other sources. And some how, You can't stop and think of what you posted.
A better world would be one in which we don't have all this gun culture. I say this, owning a great many of guns.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #8,905  
The movie industry LOVES guns, or else we wouldn't have so many movies/ TV shows that involve them. Its an easy way to punch up the tension of the story. In a way, theater, and common FPS games have done us a great disservice. Real life, doesn't require the level of gun use, used as portrayed, by the movie industry, in the fictional worlds they create. Yet they know it will sell, and make money. Thus the world they present is much worst than the real world. Many people don't know what the real world is. They get their sense of the real world from media.

The transition to Comic Book like movies, were by guns are just redefined as some sort of supernatural power, or even sci-fi: Its the same thing as a gun - the power to take life, if you get frustrated and wish to take things in your own hands, is celebrated in this fictional world: This makes for an easy story, with a lot of collateral damage. I don't know what "Rust" was about, cause I have not seen it as a complete film. In this community, of tractor owners, I see lots of subtle political beliefs being used. Yet, if on the set of Clint Eastwood's newest movie, "Cry Macho,"... if some one got killed cause the fire arm prop person was not on task, you wouldn't care. Or at least you would be making statements to absolve Eastwood. You've made it political, cause

Alec Baldwin​

has political ideas counter to your own. And to those people, I say, "You are the problem:" To take this tragic event and say something political about it using a cut and paste provided to you on your alt-right other sources. And some how, You can't stop and think of what you posted.
A better world would be one in which we don't have all this gun culture. I say this, owning a great many of guns.
Very well said.

I would however make it more simple for people like me. End of the day, for the most part, movies glorify killing.

The irony however in your post is if you read up on what Eastwood has supported during his life, he's not as "pro gun" as you would think. Personally, I give it no more weight than the current actor involved in this mess and what his views are.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #8,907  
Very well said.

I would however make it more simple for people like me. End of the day, for the most part, movies glorify killing.

The irony however in your post is if you read up on what Eastwood has supported during his life, he's not as "pro gun" as you would think. Personally, I give it no more weight than the current actor involved in this mess and what his views are.
If you have found something on Clint Eastwood's options of guns, I would love to read/watch it and try to understand it. Having lots of ex-mil and some ex-police friends, I can say they hate guns and don't even want to own one anymore, aside from a 22 or some other small arm, at least that's what they tell me, and have shown me, during target practice at a BBQ afternoon at my place. I out shoot them, with 22s and it pisses them off. And always with the comment, that they only have this gun for defensive reasons. They even dropped their CC permits as they think the world is much safer, and don't bother with it, thinking it is not that dangerous any more.

Selling off my insanely, inherited number of guns, piece by piece based on this info. In the 80's you could buy crates of SKSs. Which my crazy, alcoholic Dad did. I think he was attempting to be an arms dealer. It took two years to sell off, all these guns thought proper channels.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #8,908  
Selling off my insanely, inherited number of guns, piece by piece based on this info. In the 80's you could buy crates of SKSs. Which my crazy, alcoholic Dad did. I think he was attempting to be an arms dealer. It took two years to sell off, all these guns thought proper channels.
I am thinking that I would have liked your Dad!
David from jax

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #8,909  
May be OT lately, but besides sandman and s2s has anybody managed any trigger time (thanks!) in the last ten days or six pages??? (sorry, Mark)

I'm kinda fired up to check out the threaded 18" SS bbl 6.5 Grendel upper that fell out of the sky a few weeks ago. But I might only hope that anybody might comment on a scope choice for 200 yd & <, whether to reload the brass cases first, to sort it out with $20/bx steel-cased ammo, etc. That said I'm shy about diverting the flow of ??? in a viral armchair era.

Anyway, maybe I'll try to sneak in that shooting trivia in if/when the thread ever orbits back to TBN members and our OWN gun time.

btw, Talk is cheap. (dare me) Meat in the freezer and/or fur on your stretchers are assets, and target salad needs a lot of 'zest' or a lot of ranch on it.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #8,910  
If you have found something on Clint Eastwood's options of guns, I would love to read/watch it and try to understand it.
I'm not certain what you mean by "options of guns" or if you meant opinion of guns?

By all accounts of what I've read of the man (digging through fact and fiction along with his mis quotes floating around the internet), he seems like very interesting man, and not always what you would think of given his movie persona.