Rail roads and their tracks.

/ Rail roads and their tracks. #1,451  
I saw some guys video on this tunnel so I made a waypoint. I visited this back in October while camping in the area. This is maybe 10 miles west of Williams AZ. Lat 35.24684 Lon 112.33375
20211006_114917[1].jpg
20211006_114601[1].jpg

/ Rail roads and their tracks. #1,454  
   / Rail roads and their tracks. #1,455  

This is close to me and I ride it every summer, sometimes twice. It’s said to be the best scenic bike trail in the USA. The 15 mile trail has 7 sky high trestles and 10 tunnels with one straddling the Idaho & Montana border and is 1.66 miles long! Breathtaking every time I go!

IMG_6129.jpg

IMG_6130.jpg

IMG_6131.jpg

/ Rail roads and their tracks. #1,457  
Anyone ever see or ride over the three firesteel river abandoned railway trestles in the Up? It's pretty neat site, fun ride, and it's in the Midwest. They reporpused them for snowmobile and orv use.

/ Rail roads and their tracks. #1,458  
I live near where the train hit the barge and derailed. It’s been on the local news for the last few days.

/ Rail roads and their tracks. #1,459  
Due to recent Rain, Flooding, Washouts, and Mudslides, many regions and highways in British Columbia Canada are currently under a state of emergency with evacuation orders (in one or two cases, entire towns / cities). We are not in any immediate danger where we are, however travel is very restricted or impossible.

It was a difficult Summer with the Wildfires just a few short months ago, and now this wetness.

Here is a photo taken yesterday, on the main Coquihalla Highway / Trans - Canada through the mountains. YIKES

1637132019795.png
the railroad is normally well above the highway. We do this drive several times each year.

Stay Safe everyone.

We had a beautiful day today.

CK

/ Rail roads and their tracks. #1,460  

This is close to me and I ride it every summer, sometimes twice. It’s said to be the best scenic bike trail in the USA. The 15 mile trail has 7 sky high trestles and 10 tunnels with one straddling the Idaho & Montana border and is 1.66 miles long! Breathtaking every time I go!

View attachment 721072

View attachment 721073

View attachment 721076
Amazing! I wonder if we could even build something like that anymore with the entire generations of welders, steel erectors, and train/track building companies mostly now done by foreign countries?
Almost worth a trip across the country to enjoy that!
The video alone was beautiful. Thanks for sharing.
Must have made an amazing train ride….

Last edited: