Awaiting my Woodland Mills WC68

/ Awaiting my Woodland Mills WC68 #1  

SylvainG

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kioti LK30
Just ordered a WC68. Tractor has a 23HP PTO and I feel that's right sized wood chipper for my tractor. Delivery lead time is 3 weeks so chances are I'll have to wait until next spring to use it.

Edit: changed from a WC46 to WC68. Same lead time.

Last edited:
   / Awaiting my Woodland Mills WC68 #2  
For the price difference I wouldn't go lower than the 6 inch if your tractor can lift it. The feed speed of the roller can be adjusted so HP is not really an issue.

/ Awaiting my Woodland Mills WC68 #3  
I have a 6 inch and am happy with it behind 39 PTO HP. so far have not had to turn the speed down. upgrading tractors is expensive but upgrading tractors and attachments gets really expensive.

/ Awaiting my Woodland Mills WC68
I was hesitating between both but went with the WC46 because I didn't think my 23HP PTO couldn't handle anything bigger than 4" anyway. But you're right, adjusting the feed rate, I might be able to chip a bit bigger. For the price difference, it might be more worth it so I've called them and switched to a WC68. Same lead time.

/ Awaiting my Woodland Mills WC68 #5  
I think you will be glad that you upgraded. While it will handle a 6 inch stick, I’ve always found that on a regular diet, a chipper efficiently chips about 1/2 of the size it’s rated for.

/ Awaiting my Woodland Mills WC68 #6  
I've put quite a few hours on my WC68 using either of my Kubotas with 19....19.5 HP at the PTO. It worked fine for me. Most of it was dead Cedar with some other varieties and live White Pine. Branches over 4 inches is chain sawed for campfire wood....or the burn pile.

Cheers,
Mike

/ Awaiting my Woodland Mills WC68
I think you will be glad that you upgraded. While it will handle a 6 inch stick, I’ve always found that on a regular diet, a chipper efficiently chips about 1/2 of the size it’s rated for.

I had (well still have until it's sold) this chipper from Princess Auto.

1637174897438.png

It's opening is 3"x5" and anything bigger than 2" would bog it down to a stall. It was pulling the branch in too aggressively. Had to pull the branch away when I heard it bogging down. It's main problem though was it was too top heavy for its wheel base. It flipped to its side and broke the weld that attaches the wheel base to the tongue when pulling it on a small side incline. Had to re-weld it.

/ Awaiting my Woodland Mills WC68 #8  
You are in for a pleasant surprise.
The WC 68 is a joy to operate compared to any self powered 3" chipper/shredder.
Yep, I had 3 chipper/shredders and I like the WC68 chipper the best.

/ Awaiting my Woodland Mills WC68 #9  
are you sure it is 3 weeks I have a friend waiting to put an order in also and I was under the impression it was longer. I bought mine summer 2020 and I think I waited 6-8 weeks

/ Awaiting my Woodland Mills WC68 #10  
The front page of their website says "limited stock. leaves warehouse in 3 weeks".