Tractor Shortages

/ Tractor Shortages #31  
I wonder how much those 200 or so cargo ships off the CA coast warm the globe and effect climate with their exhausts spewing diesel fumes for months on end? You could probably drive 1000 Toyota Camrys across the USA a billion times and make less pollution…
Most of them today are T4 compliant. Lot of DEF in there..........

/ Tractor Shortages #32  
Jez where are you in Eustace? My parents place is just West of town on 175. They grew up there, moved to the city, then retired in the same house 20 years ago.
Wow! ! ! That’s crazy. Eustace is TINY. I have 38 acres about 5 minutes East of Purtis Creek State Park. 15mins East of town. Great place to retire.

/ Tractor Shortages #33  
I’ll just convince myself all the closed rust belt industrial companies in my area, tore up rail road tracks, schools no longer offering vocational educations and all the stuff in my house stamped “made in China” is just an illusion….
Those situations were created by the stock market and industry bean counters, not government.

/ Tractor Shortages #34  
I just learned that the reason the freight is not coming
in or leaving California very quickly is the stupid CA
laws. Example: the dock people can't hire contract
trucking and were told to cancel the stupid CA laws
and get the freight moving. CA banned all small gas
engines so what are the people suppose to do when
CA shuts down the power for some stupid reason?
People in the country need generators to run their
wells and refrigerators etc. Just a way to control
the people and get them depending on the gov

willy

/ Tractor Shortages
Well, in the west quick profit is the short game, no other matter is given any thought, no social responsibility, no wish to be an positive member of society and we let them do it. China and other countries plays the long game, a game we don't understand or even sense, I do think some of the problems we now facing might be a move in this long game. Hopefully we will respond with understanding that deindustrialization is one very dangerous strategy, we looses jobs and fare more important is that we looses knowledge which make us weak and easy to control by others.

OK.... THE LONG GAME..... I have to admit that is something that had not occurred to me. Thank you for a brand new thought.

I'm not sure I believe in the Long Game, but I can see how it might work. Let's see if I have it right.....

A manufacturing country - say China for the sake of example - could identify some kind of a shortage like tractor parts. So playing the LONG GAME means they make the parts and get paid for them, but send so many cargo ships all at once that they overload a whole harbor and associated distribution network

Not only did the Long Game players get paid for the parts in advance, but they created a whole social crisis and division in the country buying the parts....AND... at the same time prevented that country from tooling up to make their own parts.

I guess it could be so, but frankly it sounds unlikely.
It requires too many unlikely things happening all at the same time.
When reality is stretched that far it begins to smell like conspiracy theory to me.

rScotty

/ Tractor Shortages #37  
Most of them today are T4 compliant. Lot of DEF in there..........
So THATS where all the Wal Mart DEF went!!!!!!
To the CARGO SHIPS!!!!

:LOL::LOL:

/ Tractor Shortages #38  
China has plans to become a superpower, when you have those plans you think in decades, and it's difficult to really know where the commercial business ends and the party begins. China has forced western industry in to joint venture agreements to access the Chinese market, no reason for this execept get knowledge in to China. To look at China with a pure capitalist view is a gift for China. China is not to blame, blame those that just see short time profit.

/ Tractor Shortages #39  
China has plans to become a superpower, when you have those plans you think in decades, and it's difficult to really know where the commercial business ends and the party begins. China has forced western industry in to joint venture agreements to access the Chinese market, no reason for this execept get knowledge in to China. To look at China with a pure capitalist view is a gift for China. China is not to blame, blame those that just see short time profit.
Hard for most westerners to grasp the fact that there is no appreciable difference between a Chinese company and the Chinese government.

/ Tractor Shortages #40  
Those situations were created by the stock market and industry bean counters, not government.
What is a "Lobbyist"? :unsure: