Starlink

/ Starlink #1,641  
Was so happy to see an email from them last night....until I read it.

Mid 2022 for me now. ugh. Sadly there really isn't another option outside of jank Wild Blue/Hughes Net. Guess we'll continue using our phone as a hotspot when needed.

/ Starlink #1,642  
Same email here.

The pain is eased somewhat by the fact that I switched from DSL to a wireless internet plan which just became available in my area. I'm getting a consistent 45 down and 8 up speed and saving $10/month in the process.

While I was on the Starlink website, I noticed they have several new mounting options for the square dish. The standard cable length went from 100' to 75'. They now offer an optional 150' cable at an additional cost.

/ Starlink #1,643  
Seems like StarLink was busy sending out email.... 😑

We ordered Starlink in early Feb 2021 and were told it would be here early mid summer if I remember right. Then the date was moved out to 4Q21. The latest email said March 2022. <sigh>

UbiFi has been working for us but their meltdown at the end of October forced us to a new cell based Internet provider, Verizon. Supposedly Verizon will be cheaper but we shall see. Not like we have a choice. If the Verizon price is as we were told, we will keep it as a back up when Starlink arrives.

Later,
Dan

/ Starlink #1,645  
What happened to UbiFi?
From their Website:
UbiFi.JPG

/ Starlink
#1,648  
Hmm - is this a joke? :LOL:

The Starlink "sorry" email passes the buck and lays blame on a shortage of computer chips ... nothing about preserving service quality. If that's true, why wasn't there any notice from Starlink long before now? Do they expect anyone to believe this was some sort of surprise that snuck up on them?

A chip shortage is an easy bogeyman-- I'm not sure I even believe that. Credibility lost is hard to regain .....
Agree ... Starlink has lost much credibility. Many folks will decline to become customers until Starlink becomes a bona fide business reality. That may require several years. ☹️

Starlink Disappoints Pre-Order Customers by Pushing Back Delivery Times

/ Starlink #1,649  
Agree ... Starlink has lost much credibility. Many folks will decline to become customers until Starlink becomes a bona fide business reality. That may require several years. ☹️

Starlink Disappoints Pre-Order Customers by Pushing Back Delivery Times
I think their main client base doesn't have any other good option(like me), so they'll sign up however long it takes to get the chance.

That's why so many are upset about the wait.

They're a bona fide business as far as I'm concerned, the service is awesome. The one time I had a question about the roof install I sent the question through the app in the afternoon and they called me that evening to answer it.