Talk me into (or out of) an Original Tractor Cab enclosure

/ Talk me into (or out of) an Original Tractor Cab enclosure #11  
Kenny is right, I don’t think I’ve ever used the wiper!!

/ Talk me into (or out of) an Original Tractor Cab enclosure
Came across a few recently posted pics of a L2501 with an Original Tractor Cab on a Facebook group I'm in, and judging by the looks and the feedback so far, I'm pretty well sold! Although, 52 degrees in Wisconsin today, so still hard to believe that winter is coming even though I know better! If I do pull the trigger on one this year, I'll be sure to update. Thanks all!!

/ Talk me into (or out of) an Original Tractor Cab enclosure #13  
I have a Sims Cabdepot cab on my BX2230. Hard top and sides and has a glass windshield, rear glass and 2 small side glass windows. Hot water heater, wiper, and circ fan. Left side soft door, and soft right side. Door and right side comes off in the summer. Wiper gets used during snow blowing and when raining. I am glad I have mine and others may not need a cab. My conditions call for a cab. If I put a cab on my B26TLB, I would look at OTC cab, and others to suit my needs and costs. Jon

/ Talk me into (or out of) an Original Tractor Cab enclosure #14  
The cab here is factory installed would never
purchase a tractor without factory installed.
Have used the water with wiper it works great.
Whit the factory installed cab I get no dust in
side and when ever it rains dash, seat etc stays
dry. And the a/c and heat works great!
I would not even consider a after market cab
don't like what I have heard about them.

willy

/ Talk me into (or out of) an Original Tractor Cab enclosure #15  
Well, Williy, we're all different and that's why there are options. There was no cab option for my tractor, and if there was, I wouldn't have paid the $3,000 to $4,000 price difference. A/C? We don't need that here and I wouldn't want a cab on the tractor in the summer. I wouldn't be able to mow under my trees and I like the open station. Heat? Big deal. In the winter I'm going to be wearing winter gear anyway since I'm always getting in and out of the cab. I see people post about wearing a T-shirt in the winter and wonder if they bundle up each time they get out of the cab.

There's a little snow on the ground this morning, so it looks like a good day to install the cab.

/ Talk me into (or out of) an Original Tractor Cab enclosure #16  
Kennyg I am from Wisconsin and at 30
degrees below zero would cut fire wood
in a t-shirt and you could see the steam
coming off of us but when we stopped
working we put our coats on. Some times
in the summer I would have liked to have
a/c in the car/truck when the temps went
over 80 degrees and very high humidity
But here temps in the summer are upper
90's and 100's for approx two weeks and
very seldom get any rain so very dusty
you can see little clouds of dust when you
foot his the ground but humidity is usually
under 40% so here cab is a comfort!

willy

/ Talk me into (or out of) an Original Tractor Cab enclosure #17  
Williy,

Did you have to walk 6 Miles to school up hill BOTH ways too?

/ Talk me into (or out of) an Original Tractor Cab enclosure #18  
I have a Kubota L2501 w/FEL blade that I use to plow our driveway in the winter (south central Wisconsin), and although it usually takes less than an hour to do, I occasionally get a blast of wind driven snow that makes me long for some type of enclosure. I really like the looks of the original tractor cab enclosures, and they seem to review pretty good as well. My question is, does anyone have experience with one on an L-Series, and what (if anything) did you do to close up the area under the seat to the rear? If I do end up with one, I'd also most likely purchase and install an aftermarket heater, so I'd like to block the majority of the larger openings.
I made my own removeable cab, as I only wanted the enclosure for winter snowblowing. the heavy factory cab wasn't an option considering my steep ditchmowing and working in the woods.

You can find my cab build project here In it you'll see how I closed in a lot of the open areas such as the rear 3 point area, under the seat, pedals, etc. A Jegs heater was also easily installed and heats the interior to shirt sleave conditions for snow blowing. I make some removeable winter front/grill covers that really help to keep the engine/coolant temps up in our cold ND winters. Their use at least doubled the heat output of the heater I installed.

Let me know if I can help you out in any way.

/ Talk me into (or out of) an Original Tractor Cab enclosure #19  
NO I had to walk a little under 4 miles to school
round trip and no gloves or warm foot wear in
the winter froze my hands and feet.😫

When you get past 75 being out in the cold will
not appeal to you your body will start talking to
you with lots of complaints :D

willy

/ Talk me into (or out of) an Original Tractor Cab enclosure #20  
Carrying Ice too?