Family vehicle tracker recommendations

/ Family vehicle tracker recommendations #31  
Google OBD2 Trackers on Amazon. Lots of different choices.

/ Family vehicle tracker recommendations #32  
A little different but flexible…

I have used Jiobit subscription tracker for all kinds of things such as tracking my trailer when loaned out to attaching the FOB to a zipper at a family outing.

It also lets you establish a home bubble zone and alerts when on the move with location, distance and travel time in a map format.

Downside is must recharge every 4-7 days and purchase/subscription cost.

It comes with a two way signal function that works like two way paging.

Previously used Tile key fobs which were very good for finding things around the house and also vicinity tracking but not as specific…

Tile battery lasts months…

/ Family vehicle tracker recommendations
Way back when my oldest began to drive @16 (NO such tracking back then) I warned him about speeding.
One day he comes in crying, I ask what's wrong ? He hands me a copy of the ticket.
I said ''I warned you, It's your ticket, you better figure a way to pay it''

He had to find several odd jobs to pay that $125.00 ticket, and he never got another one !
LOL
That's correct. We don't pay anything to use it. Download the app. Setup your user info then have the other phones do the same. Add them to your circle. Basic features such as location, driving map history for last three drives, real time tracking, real time speed, and saved top speed for each of the last three trips all are included free. A lot of extra features available for a subscription fee but the free version takes care of exactly what we wanted. So far today after looking the app has used 2% of my phone battery. Internet has used more. I'm sure it probably drains more when driving but I always plug my phone in when driving anyway.
Downloaded, still need to play with it to get the hang of it.

Funny enough, the son already had it on his phone and he was showing me how to work it. What was interesting is his top speed from yesterday was actually about 8 miles slower than what he got busted for.

/ Family vehicle tracker recommendations #34  
Downloaded, still need to play with it to get the hang of it.

Funny enough, the son already had it on his phone and he was showing me how to work it. What was interesting is his top speed from yesterday was actually about 8 miles slower than what he got busted for.
I would question the accuracy of the app first, test it yourself.

/ Family vehicle tracker recommendations #35  
I use a GPS tracker on my heavy equipment trailer. I use Lone Star Tracking. I know Linxup has and easy and common device, but I think their plan is a little high.
My plan was 99 for 2 years. But, I don't focus on speed.

Things to look for:
4G lte tracking - 2g is gone, 3 g is on way out. 5g not here yet in trackers.
Be sure the carrier you select - Att, Tmobile, Verizon - are adequate in your area.
The features you want are mostly determined by the plan you choose.
Select a company that has a demo on the software they use. All the information you get will come from that. Your tracker can be no better than what you see on the software.
If you focus on speed, then make the sure software will permit an Alert be sent to you via Text message is your set speed is exceeded. I receive a text for any alert I choose in the software. - Power on, power off, incline, motion, low or no power - enter or leave any GeoZone.
I like wired gps. They are easy to wire and obd devices can be unpluged.
I also like the device that has a included short term battery, backed up by vehicle battery. In case someone disconnects battery and the vehicle is towed.

Do a lot of research and read the reviews about the companies. I have been happy with Lone Star, but you must decide what meets your needs. A gps will not solve most of your problems, but will give you peace of mind - Maybe - or reason to find another solution. Best Wishes

Last edited:
He had to find several odd jobs to pay that $125.00 ticket, and he never got another one !
LOL
I got to give him some credit, he called his mom as he got to work after he got his ticket. He said it was his fault, he will pay for the lawyer, he'll pay the ticket, and however it hits our insurance, he is covering it.

The nice think is he's a great worker and has saved enough money over the year that he's already turned down a used Z4 and mustang (with his own money) after my mechanic told him what it would cost to get up to snuff.

For kid who works 35 hours a week and goes to high school, he seems to have it down.

He went to work today as we had our extended family thanksgiving dinner today. The app seemed pretty spot on.

Yes, I will be checking it out myself come Monday as I have to be in Tennessee and I can give it a good workout.

/ Family vehicle tracker recommendations #38  
I got to give him some credit, he called his mom as he got to work after he got his ticket. He said it was his fault, he will pay for the lawyer, he'll pay the ticket, and however it hits our insurance, he is covering it.

The nice think is he's a great worker and has saved enough money over the year that he's already turned down a used Z4 and mustang (with his own money) after my mechanic told him what it would cost to get up to snuff.

For kid who works 35 hours a week and goes to high school, he seems to have it down.
Lawyer for a speeding ticket? Don't want to know why, but I've had a few doozies in my day and just paid and learned my lesson. None required a lawyer.

Good luck. I've followed your adventures in child rearing. (y) (y)

/ Family vehicle tracker recommendations #39  
I have set my cruise control based on our Life 360 app on our phones. Against our Toyota Sienna van speedometer, it is accurate to withina fewm mph. With it on your son's phone, you would be able to see the speed of his friend's car when your son is in it. Jon

Lawyer for a speeding ticket? Don't want to know why, but I've had a few doozies in my day and just paid and learned my lesson. None required a lawyer.

Good luck. I've followed your adventures in child rearing. (y) (y)
For the record, I don't think I've had a speeding ticket in the last 10 years. That said, when single and even married without no kids in the house, driving a lot of miles for work, I was known to have a pretty heavy foot at times on the highway.

Pleading guilty in NC to a speeding ticket will put points on your license and could affect your insurance. The key term at least in NC is "improper equipment". Pay the lawyer, don't show up for court, don't plead guilty, and it seems to magically disappear from your record (given you don't get a couple tickets a year I guess lol).

Phone call to a lawyer is free. They can give you your options and what they can do for you, and the option then becomes yours if you want to pursue it or not.

No different than buying a used car. Take it to a mechanic first to go over it in detail to see what it needs vs the asking price. Get a moving violation ticket driving? Go to a lawyer to see what options you may have to see if your screwed or if you have options.

Luckily, this boy was off his provisional license or I believe it could have been worse. Honestly, not certain, reason why I'd like to have him talk to someone familiar with NC driving laws / tickets.

My boys have definitely increased the Santa clause look in my beard and hair.

Other boy wanted to enlist in the marines. I ask him why not the Army? He tells me he doesn't want to be killed. I then ask him why not the air force like his grandfather, then he tells me there are too many gay people in the air force. He's read it up online so it has to be true.