New Kubota..loader edge?

/ New Kubota..loader edge? #21  
how flat are your area's? it has to ride on the shoe's, if you have high center points your going to need at least 3

i have only 2 on my 54 inch bucket, it works fine, i run in float 95% of the time.

I would say my yard is mostly reasonably flat, ordering 3 instead of 4 tamers would save about $72 so total cost would be about $216.93

I do really like how easily those tamers appear to be installed or removed.

The first 29 years I lived here a 8N Ford tractor and a rear blade was the main way I plowed my snow, last year I bought a new tractor with front loader and rear blower and it’s been working great

/ New Kubota..loader edge? #22  
I would say my yard is mostly reasonably flat, ordering 3 instead of 4 tamers would save about $72 so total cost would be about $216.93

The first 29 years I lived here a 8N Ford tractor and a rear blade was the main way I plowed my snow, last year I bought a new tractor with front loader and rear blower and it’s been working great
use code ttwt, it will save another 5%, yea single bolt, per tamer, each side, i put them as about 2 inches from the edge

/ New Kubota..loader edge? #23  
Ordered 3 4 inch tamers, thanks to your discount code I saved $9.75 total price $209.32

/ New Kubota..loader edge?
I have a mile long gravel driveway. A large yard and mailbox area to clear. I NEVER considered my bucket for snow removal. Good HD rear blade and go like the wind. No stopping to dump the bucket - snow is curled off the side of the driveway, yard and mailbox area - clear, unobstructed view out front.

I simply don't have time to play with the snow with my bucket.
Ok! Where do I get a rear blade? I'm looking at the diy pipe.weld thing too.

/ New Kubota..loader edge?

A twisty humped long driveway...

/ New Kubota..loader edge? #27  
Here is a video of my tractor with the edge tamers. I have just two on (recommendation was three)
Gravel drive.works well in light and fluffy or in heavy snow too.

/ New Kubota..loader edge? #28  
Ok! Where do I get a rear blade? I'm looking at the diy pipe.weld thing too.
Craigslist, Market place, tractor dealer, Implement dealer

/ New Kubota..loader edge? #29  

Attachments

• Snow-Edge-Top.jpg
    Snow-Edge-Top.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 100
  • t1030.JPG
    t1030.JPG
    274.7 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:
   / New Kubota..loader edge? #30  
If edge tamer’s are really required a couple of pieces of square tubing bolted to the underside of the bucket should work. Just put a strap of steel on the tubing ahead of the bolt heads so they don’t leave scratch marks. Or drill a larger hole to access the bolt head.

Rear blades don’t work well if the snow gets too deep to drive thru or the side windrows get too large/frozen to move. They may also turn a lighter tractor sideways With a heavy load.

One may notice municipal graders just have a normal blade or serrated cutting edge for moving snow/ice.

Last edited: