Compression tubing

/ Compression tubing #1  

czechsonofagun

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota B1750
I was not sure where to ask, if out of place, my apologies.

Anyway, messing with nice old Sears compressor and the part I have to replace is a piece of copper tubing 1/2" OD. So far I checked only Home Depot and they have nothing but I was able to find rings for the compression fittings there. Any idea where to look for the tubing? I need about 12".

/ Compression tubing #3  
One type tube goes by ID and the other by OD. If it uses flared fittings, just flare it and use it. Adapt it to use flared fittings. You can get NPT to inverted flare adapters. I'm not sure what you are trying to accomplish. Natural gas and butane/propane use flare fittings and they fit JIC hydraulic fittings. I use hardware store fittings when I take hydraulics apart on logging equipment in the woods. Just to cap and plug things.

/ Compression tubing #4  
Check a ACE hardware for 1/2 copper tubing.

/ Compression tubing
One type tube goes by ID and the other by OD. If it uses flared fittings, just flare it and use it. Adapt it to use flared fittings. You can get NPT to inverted flare adapters. I'm not sure what you are trying to accomplish. Natural gas and butane/propane use flare fittings and they fit JIC hydraulic fittings. I use hardware store fittings when I take hydraulics apart on logging equipment in the woods. Just to cap and plug things.
I am trying to get the compressor running but this piece is bent and leaking and I have to replace it.

/ Compression tubing #6  
There are different grades of copper tubing based in part on pressure. Type L is used for gas, but at very low pressure. Not sure what you might need for compressed air.

/ Compression tubing #7  
I was not sure where to ask, if out of place, my apologies.

Anyway, messing with nice old Sears compressor and the part I have to replace is a piece of copper tubing 1/2" OD. So far I checked only Home Depot and they have nothing but I was able to find rings for the compression fittings there. Any idea where to look for the tubing? I need about 12".
1/2" od is a refrigerant size tube so any local AC company should stock, or Amazon sells short coils. "L" copper is fine for the application.

/ Compression tubing #9  
Soft copper tubing is at alot of hardware stores or box stores like Lowes, home Depot, etc

More important question, do you have tubing benders to bend it without kinking it. Tubing that size and the 90 degree bend most compressors have coming off the head and going to the tank....benders are almost a must.

Another old truck that works is wrap it tightly with wire or solder. Then bend and it won't kink

/ Compression tubing #10  
Soft copper tubing is at alot of hardware stores or box stores like Lowes, home Depot, etc

More important question, do you have tubing benders to bend it without kinking it. Tubing that size and the 90 degree bend most compressors have coming off the head and going to the tank....benders are almost a must.

Another old truck that works is wrap it tightly with wire or solder. Then bend and it won't kink

I’ve heard of filling the tube with sand but I’ve never tried to know if it works.