TODAY'S GUN TIME

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #9,151  
"Tactical," "operator," blah blah blah ... hey, at least that stuff is based on something that's actually real. I'm just glad we seem to have finally gotten past that phase of painting everything green and labeling it "zombie" stuff.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #9,152  
How about we agree that 'tactical' is a FOS as 'billet'. (OT, but if it ain't rolled, extruded, cast or forged a billet of metal is just a chunk to be carved from, which doesn't hold a candle to forging, yet I have some nice 'billet' decorative soaps, engraved maple boot jacks, and laser-etched zebra wood pencil wells in my line of merch, so don't share my secrets)

Rob didn't invent, assign, or promote the word, only referred to the latest lingo. I don't blame him for his discomfort after another round of our usual wise-crackery by the mere mention of a tacky,trendy buzz-word. I mean are we writing to makers to stop calling flashlights, slings, and bipods 'tactical'? When nearly everything is labeled as such we're all buying stuff anyway. IMO it's a way to justify cheap fit & finish on something we'll beat the seeds out of when playing army.

btw, NATO-spec ammo is designed/intended to be 'tactical' but who ever calls it that?

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #9,153  
No AR's for me, just never got into them. I do have a Ruger Ranch rifle
and I am starting to see that it is catch some of the same attention lately.
It slid by the crybabies for many years, oh well.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #9,154  
No AR's for me, just never got into them. I do have a Ruger Ranch rifle
and I am starting to see that it is catch some of the same attention lately.
It slid by the crybabies for many years, oh well.
Why would anyone ***** about a Ranch Rifle?

I do know part of the problem is some folks just have no use for an AR or AK, and they criticize people who own 'em.
So, the AR/AK guys started referring to those guys as "Fudds" (Elmer Fudd from the Bugs Bunny movies).
I really don't care what people own...not my money, not my business...
Most importantly, we gunowners have to stand, as a group and movement, against those who want to ban everything

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #9,155  
I caught part of a headline on MSN that the Ranch Rifle had escaped "assault rifle" labeling
and that it should have been included with those awful AR's.
Back when my joints could handle the recoil and before this states so called safe act I used to shoot with
a lot of AR shooters and many of them were "fanatics" with the tricked out ARs, while I went the other way
with a national match grade Springfield M1A. This was shooting in Marine Corp League shoots 200 to 600 yards
with iron sights, no optics allowed. The 300 and depending on the range 5 or 600 yard the .308 seemed
to hold it's own, I was about to get a Garand tuned for national matches when the safe act took our shooting
all out of state and then a few years later my shoulder can't take hardly any recoil. I miss the competitive shooting.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #9,157  
How about we agree that 'tactical' is a FOS as 'billet'. (OT, but if it ain't rolled, extruded, cast or forged a billet of metal is just a chunk to be carved from, which doesn't hold a candle to forging, yet I have some nice 'billet' decorative soaps, engraved maple boot jacks, and laser-etched zebra wood pencil wells in my line of merch, so don't share my secrets)

Rob didn't invent, assign, or promote the word, only referred to the latest lingo. I don't blame him for his discomfort after another round of our usual wise-crackery by the mere mention of a tacky,trendy buzz-word. I mean are we writing to makers to stop calling flashlights, slings, and bipods 'tactical'? When nearly everything is labeled as such we're all buying stuff anyway. IMO it's a way to justify cheap fit & finish on something we'll beat the seeds out of when playing army.

btw, NATO-spec ammo is designed/intended to be 'tactical' but who ever calls it that?
My current pet peeve is "crisis." Everything is a crisis. If someone is rude, it's a freaking "social crisis." I guess I need a tactical approach to the crisis freaks. It would be easy, except for the ammunition crisis.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #9,159  
Colt Rattlesnake 45
100_0935.JPG

Last edited:
   / TODAY'S GUN TIME #9,160  
Woah! I paid $275 for my 1895, used in new condition, with a ghost ring/peep sight and weaver scope rail.
Hence my ouch reply!! that price is nuts!