Help removing front gear case

/ Help removing front gear case #11  
I will take one when I get home, I think it is just smooth under there, no plug or anything.
Ok, in that case the snap rings should be what is holding it on. As rScotty said, pulling the 4 bolts will give you a better view and better access to everything.

/ Help removing front gear case
I have a local dealer, I may see if one of the mechanics can confirm. Or I may have to bite the bullet and buy the $90 WSM.

/ Help removing front gear case #13  
$90 is cheap for a shop manual these days. I'd get it. Especially as Kubota manuals are pretty well written.

/ Help removing front gear case #14  
$90 is cheap for a shop manual these days. I'd get it. Especially as Kubota manuals are pretty well written.

I second that - get the manual if you plan on doing your own repairs etc.

Can you post a picture of the underside of the case?

IMG_5611.JPG

Here’s the underside of the axle case, no plug there.

/ Help removing front gear case #16  
View attachment 722987

Here’s the underside of the axle case, no plug there.
Ok, that is different than I thought. There potentially is a snap ring higher up that is holding it together. I would say to take the case off first, it will make everything much easier.
Also, on the WSM, it takes a couple of weeks to get a Kubota hard copy, but to could buy an online one for $20-30.

So I got a peek at the wsm and that bottom snap ring is the only thing preventing the two cases from separating. The top seal is two parts, that may be what is holding it together. I guess I need to get brave and give it a couple whacks with a bigger hammer.

Thanks to all that replied.

/ Help removing front gear case #18  
I was pretty sure there was no snap ring at the top. I remember using the weight of the tractor to try and get it back together. I was only missing about the width of the snap ring to get it back on. dealer smacked it with a BFH and it went right in. Only one side gave me trouble at assembly.

/ Help removing front gear case #19  
In the words of a machinist we called "Bam-Bam" at my old job...
"Don't force it, get a bigger hammer"