The Top 5 Tractor Channels on YouTube

/ The Top 5 Tractor Channels on YouTube #101  
Not pure tractors, but I like "Dirt Perfect". Learned more from watching 3 or 4 of his videos than any of the others.

I like the Messick's content also...Neal doesn't hide his motives for making the videos, but still adds value nevertheless.

/ The Top 5 Tractor Channels on YouTube #102  
My wife and I used to watch TTWT a few years back. Best ones to us were the gardening and passing on corn growing wisdom. Electrifying your corn against racoons #1! I'm a retired Deere engineer so I found your take on measuring turn circles interesting... pretty dang close to what we do in Experimental. Same with lift capacity measurements. I think I commented on it and actually got a red heart that one time. That's when I found how you 'sanitize' the comments... viewers aren't aware though.

You always present your videos as if you are a contractor out on a job. My wife says "no way!.. he's an influencer." She is probably right. I know 2 JD engineers that have small compacts and bought lots of attachments to do this kind of work. One day my group got talking about it and ran the numbers... including their employee discounts and estimating the cost of buying some of it used. I hired one of the guys once for some clean-up work and knew his costs/hr. It was break even. They both sold everything before the tractors hit 400 hrs.... pretty tough business. My wife says the contractor angle is actually about 1) yup, get a tractor 2) watch my videos 3) buy this stuff (I get a %) 4) OEM's send me stuff to test (so I can make videos and work a % deal).... she's prolly right. She bets your inventory is either given or loaned to you for video production use: influencer.

We don't mind you monetizing any of this... just SAY it! We watched a few Morgan episodes where they were turning one tractor brand because they struck a deal with a new tractor brand... fine, very clear. You call it "your inventory". Haven't watched much in the last year. Oh yeah, we did watch the opening "scenes" to turbo-charging your string trimmer series... That is just pure click bait. Prolly won't get a thumbs up or red heart huh?

We try to be quite transparent about our partner relationships. Lots of explanation about this on our website. We discuss in some of our videos. Especially when we acquire a new tractor.

Not sure I have ever used the term “our inventory”.

I assumed it was obvious that anything with a TTWT discount is sponsored in some way. Again, we are not trying to hide anything.

Our relationship with our Deere dealer, along with some degree of detail about the Deere tractors is on our website.

We purchased the Kubota LX3310 with our own money. No partnership involved. We just wanted to see the machine side by side with our Deere machines.

The attachments are a combination of given to us, loaned to us, and a very few were purchased. There is NO WAY we could have afforded all of these attachments. …again, we have repeatedly said that in our videos.

We used to do lots of contractor work. Now that most of our support comes in the form of “influencer”, we do most of our project work for charity…at no charge. If you know any charity in Indiana that needs our type of work done, let us know.
We have published many episodes trying to discourage folks from starting a tractor business, especially when they first get a tractor. We consistently say that as a new operator, it isn’t fair to charge customers for an inexperienced operator.

We have been incredibly blessed. We are quite thankful. The LAST thing we want to do is mislead our viewers in ANY way.

‘Sanitize’ the comments? If you mean ‘remove comments’, we rarely delete comments. I think I’ve deleted one comment in the last two months. During that time, we have received thousands of comments. We WILL delete excessively rude comments. Those with the two or 3 major 4 letter words are automatically filtered, and recently, YouTube seems to be aggressively deleting comments, even those which should remain (in my opinion).

Turbo charging our string trimmer? Uh, that wasn’t OUR channel. We haven’t done anything like that.

Anyway, this thread isn’t about TTWT specifically, so I don’t want to side track it. However, I thought some response would be helpful.

Thanks for watching.

Last edited:
   / The Top 5 Tractor Channels on YouTube #103  
The comments I get on my channel are overwhelmingly positive and helpful, plus a lot of questions that I enjoy answering. I'd say 30% of comments are questions that make for great follow up knowledge to share. It's nice to see since my goal was to teach and have fun. Back when I taught as a job, questions were a great indication I was engaging the students and making them think and learn.

I have had to delete a small handful of comments, maybe 5-6 in the period of a year. They are either giving incorrect/risky information or are so far out of reality that I couldn't possibly write a sensible/safe reply.