purchasing new propane direct vent Stove

/ purchasing new propane direct vent Stove #1  

Michelle K linnane

Gold Member
Tractor
JD 4103
Looking to purchase a propane stove for alternate heat who makes the biggest BTU stove? Napoléon,, PE, Jotul, Vermont casting, Lopi, Regency. Please feel free to mention one that is not on list.
  1. I am looking for direct vent.
  2. I would like one that is colored not just cast iron.
  3. Would like to be able to open front.
  4. Do not want wood or pellet done with that anymore.

/ purchasing new propane direct vent Stove #2  
DV stoves have glass in the front of the firebox but they do not open. I would check with your LP gas supplier and see if they have any recommendations. I always thought Vermont Castings had the best finish and color choices with Jotul the next best. Both are good stoves.

/ purchasing new propane direct vent Stove #3  
Not a stove but a Rinnai direct vent heater has always been a winner in my book

/ purchasing new propane direct vent Stove #4  
I have had a Vermont Castings Reliant for 20+ years,38K rated.
Replaced the main gas valve a couple years ago.I start it in November and run until May or so,operates off a thermostat.
They now are about $2400,this heats an add on room and is back up for the main house.Works with-out power.Mine is cast but I believe they make a "colored" unit.Fits your needs by the sound of it.
Still in dogs and birds?

/ purchasing new propane direct vent Stove #5  
ive never seen one with opening front glass. mine you have to remove quite a few screws to access burner. im sure its a safety issue. burning means CO production. what if door wasnt fully closed.

/ purchasing new propane direct vent Stove #6  
Looking to purchase a propane stove for alternate heat who makes the biggest BTU stove? Napoléon,, PE, Jotul, Vermont casting, Lopi, Regency. Please feel free to mention one that is not on list.
  1. I am looking for direct vent.
  2. I would like one that is colored not just cast iron.
  3. Would like to be able to open front.
  4. Do not want wood or pellet done with that anymore.
I just bought a quadrafire stove in natural gas. It’s awesome and provides great heat. The blower fan is really quiet also. But the front doesn’t easily open. I have never seen a direct vent gas stove that has a front that opens while in use.