Injection Pump pressure adjustment

/ Injection Pump pressure adjustment #12  
We’re just talking amongst ourselves fellas.. he hadn’t been back since he posted the question..

/ Injection Pump pressure adjustment #13  
   / Injection Pump pressure adjustment #14  
So the answer must be yes.

/ Injection Pump pressure adjustment #16  
Correct me if I'm wrong, but since we're merely tweaking the limit of fuel delivery, if we need more power it's probably there and risk free. IMO the test of what's useful is to look for smoke. Say the temp gauge is a guide to keep going or back off and cool weather is better to tweak.

I'd want to get some seat time with each adjustment then. Then the temp gauge will show us our limit on hottest days, toughest jobs, etc.

btw, IMO a guy with a brush hog has the most need for more hp and the best PTO gear to find out what's to be gained. And whomever else is waiting for OP to return, just "Tell me you're not that guy." :sneaky:

/ Injection Pump pressure adjustment #17  
nothing is risk free in life. more power is great but in reality other things will break or overheat but tractors are built tough. you take a 100 hp tractor and turn it up to 200hp. dont expect to run all day every day at 200HP and not have trouble keeping the temps down or without breaking stuff.

I work in aircraft turbine engines and power is limited by temperature of the engine. an engine rated for 1200 shaft horsepower can easily produce 1300 or 1400 hp by giving it more fuel but you have to watch the temps and as the engine wears out that buffer of extra hp gets lower and lower until you are making your rated hp at the max engine temp. after that it is time for a rebuild.

/ Injection Pump pressure adjustment #18  
I think most of us know there are risks to adding more power, just ask the young fellows that put programmers on their diesel pickups. I have done quite a bit of work on common rail trucks mostly due to people turning them up. I believe the manufacturers are a little on the conservative side and if that's the case just be smart about it.