What else do you do with forks besides lift pallets?

/ What else do you do with forks besides lift pallets? #491  
One thing nice about forks that a bucket isn't so good for: you can reach over an obstacle, and tilt them into dump position, and have a tool for pushing things on the far side of said obstacle. I was rearranging felled tree trunks this way just a few days ago.

Now, I think I'd also like to buy just one fork, a short one of only 20 or 30 inches length, and sharpen its end to use it for digging. Maybe even weld a tooth onto it, like a subsoiler or ripper. Maybe some day.

/ What else do you do with forks besides lift pallets? #492  
My double decker for reaching higher, yeah I know the tire needs some air. Cleaning out the barn owl box for the upcoming year.
IMG_2036.jpeg
IMG_2031.jpeg

/ What else do you do with forks besides lift pallets? #493  
I've dug a million trees and stumps up with forks.

/ What else do you do with forks besides lift pallets? #494  
Love a good set of forks; if you have a minor in welding, try fabricating an adapter for your forks to work with your 3PH (SSQA plate), great for moving just about anything that does not require height. I've used that method for large balled trees (burlap and cage) and you can precisely drop them where needed.

/ What else do you do with forks besides lift pallets? #495  
I made a set of independent forks for getting under things that are not flat on the ground:
P9060004.JPG
P9060001.JPG

Picking up a RR tie that is at an angle to the ground:
P9060012.JPG

Setting the angle of the forks by curling down:
P9060013.JPG

Backed up and got under the tie:
P9060015.JPG

Picked it up:
P9060016.JPG

Curled up and raised for transport:
P9060017.JPG

/ What else do you do with forks besides lift pallets?
Xfaxman---very good

/ What else do you do with forks besides lift pallets? #497  
Mr. Xfaxman, those forks will show back up on TBN 40 years from now!

"...Just found these at an auction...anybody know what they are?..."

It will be a thread with 400 posts, each trying to guess what they are used for!

/ What else do you do with forks besides lift pallets?

It will be a thread with 400 posts, each trying to guess what they are used for!
Someone will say "They're for removing the triangular stacks of pallets we see in fields" while someone else will say "Phooey; I heard they're for removing stuck drain plugs on the early Ford tractors. It's called the Kando option". Someone else will say it's "to hold a borescope to look into holes in grain bin floors to look for the culprit". :)

And so, the cycle begins anew. :)

/ What else do you do with forks besides lift pallets? #499  
Probably mentioned already but forks work great for small scale trenching. I used mine to dig about 40 feet of trench 18” deep just last weekend. Took almost an hour but it beats doing it by hand or spending hundreds to rent a trencher.

/ What else do you do with forks besides lift pallets? #500  
Probably a lot sooner than 40 years :)
Yep, if they are not with the other TORO+Loader stuff it would be hard to tell what they are:
20211203_094151.jpg
20211203_094308.jpg