Beet Juice Tire Ballast

/ Beet Juice Tire Ballast #21  
The lakes fine, as long as the Californian newcomers dont dredge the bottom to get their huge boats further inshore.
they keep suing trying to allow dredging, but keep losing. Thank goodness
Best bet, kick those people out before they ruin Idaho, another fine state

/ Beet Juice Tire Ballast #22  
I checked on Rimguard a couple of years ago, nearest dealer was 2 hours away and they needed all day to fill the tires. That one was a surprise, guess the beet juice is thicker and the flow is slow. Anyway I could not see making two trips, 2 hours each way.

RV antifreeze while not as heavy works just fine and I can fill em' myself.
How has the RV antifreeze worked for you? Any corrosion? Was thinking the same for my garden tractor which I use for snow removal.

/ Beet Juice Tire Ballast #23  
Actually windchill is an animal specific thing. Machinery only knows temperature. Wind make s no matter.

Well, slight caveat where somehthing is 'wet' and can evaporate, but then minor. In this case of fluid inside tires and cannot evaporate - windchill means nothing.
Yep. Blowing 33F degree air across a freezable liquid won't freeze it regardless of wind speed.

Blow 33F degree air in my face and I'm heading for cover. :)

/ Beet Juice Tire Ballast #24  
How has the RV antifreeze worked for you? Any corrosion? Was thinking the same for my garden tractor which I use for snow removal.
I used Windshield Washer fluid, Winter blend. Been in my rears 11 years. Paid $220 for 185 gallon. Enough to do my M9540 adding 1,500 lbs.

/ Beet Juice Tire Ballast #25  
II looked at R
According to the bio ballast web specs - about 9.7 pounds per gallon. About a pound per gallon less than RimGuard.
I looked at RimGuard but there is certainly nobody close to me to install it and I don't know the price. Bio Ballast costs about 40 cents per pound. Lucky for me that I'm picking up the steel plate for my wheel weights to 40 cents per pound. It's nice having a great scrapyard only 10 miles away that is really into recycling.
Eric

/ Beet Juice Tire Ballast #26  
So far good, I have not had a reason to break down any of the tires loaded with it and at this time do not expect to find any corrosion if I ever have a need to.

/ Beet Juice Tire Ballast #27  
I'm considering ballast for my tractor tires. Beet juice seems to be recommended most frequently. The literature states freezing point at -35 degrees F. for RIM Guard which appears to be the only juice source available for this application. Other literature about beet juice, not RIM guard, state freezing point at -6 degrees. I can imagine a giant slug of frozen juice in the bottom of my tire at -35 F. which happens frequently in northern Minnesota.

Is it really freeze resistant to -35?

Thanks
IMO the down sides to fluid in the tires is the extra cost to empty and fill when you have a flat. The inconvenience of trying to load a [in my case 1200lb] tire and rim is something to consider as well. Or I guess you can pay the tire shop to come out and get it and bring it back. Another down side is having tires that are not of equal weight......the light tire is the one that spins out first. The light tire is the first one to come off the ground when you are lifting close to max with your loader. Wheel weights are more expensive yes. But they have their up side/good points too. Food for thought

/ Beet Juice Tire Ballast #28  
IMO the down sides to fluid in the tires is the extra cost to empty and fill when you have a flat. The inconvenience of trying to load a [in my case 1200lb] tire and rim is something to consider as well. Or I guess you can pay the tire shop to come out and get it and bring it back. Another down side is having tires that are not of equal weight......the light tire is the one that spins out first. The light tire is the first one to come off the ground when you are lifting close to max with your loader. Wheel weights are more expensive yes. But they have their up side/good points too. Food for thought
Hmm, the cost, delay and bother of having a tire shop come out vs. an ambulance.

Let me think about that for a minute. NOT!

/ Beet Juice Tire Ballast #29  
Actually windchill is an animal specific thing. Machinery only knows temperature. Wind make s no matter.

Well, slight caveat where somehthing is 'wet' and can evaporate, but then minor. In this case of fluid inside tires and cannot evaporate - windchill means nothing.
I never even heard of the term wind chill until the 1970's. What I have seen it used as is to mostly over-state how cold it is. The way it often works is you pick the highest wind speed for the day within 50 miles of you, convert it to wind chill (or better yet just guess) and then state that as the actual temperature.

/ Beet Juice Tire Ballast #30  
Hmm, the cost, delay and bother of having a tire shop come out vs. an ambulance.

Let me think about that for a minute. NOT!
Hmmmm....All I was ding was pointing out some down sides to fluid in the tires. If you are 15 min from the tire shop and no minimum charge then maybe not much cost. I would use them too in those circumstances. Not sure what the call out rates are there but here there is a "minimum charge". And that "minimum charge" is eye watering when you need the Hiab truck to come get your tire. Lastly.....If you think about what you are doing/trying to accomplish and how you should go about getting it done safely you will not be calling an ambulance. That applies to many many things we do. There are entire YouTube channels dedicated to displaying people who did not think things through/recognize the dangers present