Tractors and wood! Show your pics

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #19,351  
That stinks. Hopefully you can bring him back to the way he was.

I don't believe that the other driver was as clueless as you think he was.
That other driver might have known what was going on. He certainly ought to know that he was being a road hog. However, he only had 300 feet to go from the time we passed each other until he rounded that 90˚ turn I had just gone around, so it's quite possible he was around the bend before I hit the pole.

All I know about the vehicle was that it was a dark-colored pickup truck. (Brutus is not the most nimble vehicle on he road, so I was mainly focused on trying to stay on the road in the small space left to me, rather than noting details like license plate number, make & model.) When I mentioned it on my Facebook page, a local woman responded that about 5 hours earlier that day, she was almost run off the road by a dark blue pickup. I can't help but wonder if it was the same guy.

This happened to me at about 1 PM on Nov 11: Veterans Day - not a great way for Brutus to celebrate his veteran status.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #19,352  
I always liked that truck you have. It must have been pretty maddening the way that all happened. I would have cried. Good luck though - having a Dodge Truck guy for a friend ! Brutus will live again.

gg

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #19,354  
   / Tractors and wood! Show your pics #19,355  
Sorry to hear about this @john mc. It's a shame. Hopefully the frame etc is ok so you can get her up and running again...

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #19,356  
Nice! Those old flat fender Power Wagons go for an awful lot more than the M37 trucks. What year is yours?
'48.
It was my great uncle's.
Given to me, but yeah, I've seen what some of them go for. I was astounded.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #19,357  
Sunshine, blue skies; 2 K's at the woodpile.

Attachments

• 1xkub.jpeg
    1xkub.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 88
  • 2xkub.jpeg
    2xkub.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 79
   / Tractors and wood! Show your pics #19,359  
Any excuse to share pics.
Actually, I might start tearing into it this winter. Slow-speed rebuild. Kids are 10 boy and 4 girl, and interested.
Jump on it while they are interested.

My son (now 19) learned to drive a stick in my truck (though he's not comfortable enough with it do help drive when working in the woods). He is probably one of the few among his friends who knows how to drive a stick.

Daughter (17) is not interested. She'll ride with me reluctantly - or willingly when with friends in the troop seats in the back.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #19,360  
You must be young John . . . one of my grandkids is a decade older . . . :)