Concrete fake log siding

/ Concrete fake log siding #1  

caver

Veteran Member
Tractor
Fisher Price, toddlers first tractor.
I didn't know something like this existed --->shown in the video link. Anyone on here ever used it or know of someone who has used it? This is a young couple doing the YT thing building their own home in Idaho. Link should start where they are attaching the first run. They also covered it in previous videos.

/ Concrete fake log siding #2  
I saw it at a trade show I was at. I thought it looked like a great product. The one I saw is in the attached link.

Everlog

/ Concrete fake log siding #3  
I’ve never seen the concrete log siding. Even the regular wood log siding is very expensive. Like $3 a foot just for the material not including painting or installation.

/ Concrete fake log siding #4  
I've used it a few hundred times or so.

/ Concrete fake log siding #7  
In the link for Everlog, it looks like they provide a veneer siding product, a timber product and a log product. I read some of the FAQ and it looks like the logs are 100lbs per lineal foot and a structure would run $140- $160 sq/ft. The logs give a R19 and are not finished on the inside.

/ Concrete fake log siding #8  
Any pros and cons?
Pretty much all pros. Only con would be that it needs paint. But it holds paint a lot better than wood. It is a dense and compact material. It's like the old Johns Manville asbestos siding but with a concrete base instead of asbestos. You can even order replacement siding for old houses made from concrete board. So far they say it isnt bad for you, but I have lungs full of it. I built ICF houses with that as the siding. Fast foot was another great thing.

/ Concrete fake log siding #9  
We used Tru-Log steel siding. No painting. No complaints.

20190404_151556.jpg

20190503_174437.jpg

/ Concrete fake log siding #10  
I have not seen the brand in the video, but I have seen it used before and I thought it looked pretty bad. Obviously a different brand and probably an early effort that just didn't look very realistic.

I've watched quite a few of the Good Simple Living youtube videos and I'm enjoying following their progress on their house and homestead build. From the earlier video's where they made a home inside their shop to building their house, you can see significant improvements in their building skills. I'm also thinking that they are hiring more of the work out too. Overall, it's a decent channel, but with too many infomercials and un needed chitter chatter. They also put out a lot of videos that have no purpose, so it's hit or miss if it's going to be a good video, or not.