Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #142,081  
Good Morning.
It’s 42 and going to the high 50’s with rain likely today.

Yesterdays goals were all met. Little airplane is all back together, gave lathe a good cleaning, including remove all the jaws from the chuck, and scrubbing with scotchbrite and WD40 as well as the scroll. Picked up all wife’s “stuff” from craft show, and entertained grandson (vice versa, actually).
IMG_7806.jpg

This morning, taking wife for shot into her back to get her some relief. Then, I’ll have to see what other mischief I can get into. While I do have all the driveway markers in, I haven’t put the plow on the tractor yet, keeping an eye on the 5 day and dragging my feet for that.

/ Good morning!!!! #142,082  
Good morning, a wet start to the day, giving me plenty of time to recover after playing with grandkids over the weekend. They nicely distracted us from the minor discomfort of our Moderna booster jab on Friday. Hopefully will dry up enough to get out for a couple of hours this afternoon before storm "Barra" arrives tomorrow to displace a few more cobwebs.

Wrote a big check for property taxes yesterday, and it was only the first of two installments. Still, I'm lucky I have a property on which I have to pay taxes. I could be living out of a car or trailer like so many other fire victims are still doing.
That's a great way to look at paying your taxes RNG (y)

Eric, my wife assured me "the machine" will not shoot or project the beans, it will not sprout or grow the beans, it will not cook the beans, or burn the beans for heat. It's an unsolved mystery till Dec 24th. There is a clue in the strange type of bean (adzuki) but I just can't figure it out
Don, sorry, my bad, a closer look at adzuki beans reveals they are much smaller than I first thought, so probably not great ballistic coefficient for trebuche ammo :). I look forward to your Christmas reveal.

Not sure if I mentioned this before - after Halloween a nearby town has an annual event to use up leftover pumpkins

pumpkin disposal.png

[Picture from the "Shropshire Star" newspaper - Pumpkin launcher]

/ Good morning!!!! #142,083  
Morning all!
38 heading to 50's today with light rain falling. Snow and rain in the forecast for the next 5 or 6 days.
Been keeping busy around the house getting ready for winter. Several other projects were completed at relative's houses also.
Not much going on health wise. Wife's eye operation has worked great with a significant drop in pressure! I have an eye appt this week but other than that wife and I are doing fine!
I try and read this thread a couple times a week to stay informed and not get buried back in the pages. Postings here really add up quickly!
Hope everyone stays safe and healthy!

/ Good morning!!!! #142,084  
control freaks can only think of “me”

too much me and not enough us

likely promoted by some deep seated fears

RNG, now I did have some emergency tape in one of the Ram boxes on my truck. Next time I get an apple wedged in
there, I'll be all set! Thanks. Fork worked fine...;)

/ Good morning!!!! #142,085  
Morning all, grey, drizzly 45 degrees F.
Busy weekend, Finished welding light sphere.
Saturday night to christmas light show at ShadyBrook Farms.
Sunday Newtown holiday parade (sons friend in the parade)

Took three ladders as usual and 3 hours to get the lights up on front of house.

Out to dinner at local Korean place.

Christmas tree purchased and wife put on lights.

Alien- barn looks great and I like the colors, offsets the doorways nicely.
We have a nice pool table- mostly used by son and friends, bothers my back playing and having a titanium rod in my arm makes playing a little random sometimes

Randy- sounds like the best outcome-hope you heal fast

PopG- too bad I didn't see your post on the show earlier, would have been fun to stop by. I know where Durham hill farm is.

Bird-I just ordered LED ballast bypass for 2nd garage- have them in first garage- quick rewire and no more annoying ballasts. Have one ballast out right now.

Adzuki - I like them in red bean paste pastries.

Kyle- offered to get son e-drums- not happening- he has tried them out and likes the old style- he is actively going down there to play almost every day and his friend was over saturday for a jam session.

Nephew wrecked his car- all ok, but now needs money to buy a new one....

Drew- the battery is in the EFI package underneath the plate under the controls. When I looked, it seemed like it was built in, so probably getting a new module. I can replace for you when you get it. Just give me a call.

Gary- from pallets in fields to really nice signs!

Phil - sounds like all is going well

Stay safe and be well,

Globe looks better in real life, needs cleanup and paint and then lights.
GlobeCompleteWeld20211205_102737.jpg

Parade had some nice old tractors

NTHolidayTractors20211205_144804.jpg

Three ladders one for right hand side, one for middle and far left and one for left.
The fiberglass one is a heavy 30 footer, but smaller steel one is just not long enough.
3Ladders20211204_112931.jpg

/ Good morning!!!! #142,086  
Good morning! 53 and still raining. Have had a lot of rain over night. Temps are supposed to fall through this afternoon.

Grocery shopping, screw around in the garage, seems like I spent most of my time looking for a part I misplaced. 🤦‍♂️Finally found it. Also ran more stuff through the ultrasonic cleaner. Need to change the water, it is getting dark.

Last year...
Morning visit for blood draw and the ****** Youth. Then I met my 2 day shift nurses that would be pretty much my day shift nurses for the next 2 weeks during the work week.

Kandi was to be my day shift charge nurse for 9 of the next 13 business days I was in the hospital. She had a great sense of humor, was very professional, and I enjoyed having her as a nurse. Turns out she had experience with an NG tube as she had been in a serious accident and spent 30 days with an NG tube. I was going bat **** crazy with it after 5 days. Turns out that is how they fed her for the 30 days. She helped me to try to deal with it.

Mikaela was my day shift nurses aide. Much younger than Kandi, but very competent. She was just a very nice person. I came to look forward to her visits to check on me. Turns out she had Covid intestine very early on and had the same doctor, Dr. Deb A. She had been through an early version of the "the program". She was one of the first survivors of Covid intestine at the hospital. She did a lot to coach me through it.

Vitals had become stable, my heart rate remained elevated at 120 - 130 BPM. But everything else was as good as could be expected considering. My temperature had dropped to 98°. In addition to listening to my lungs with a stethoscope, they were now listing to my abdomen as well. It had been a pretty silent place. I seem to remember at some point on Monday is when they heard the first sounds in my abdomen.

Visits from a lot of doctors. Dr. Deb A was back on duty, she told me to be patient, when the blockage shrunk, then things would start to happen. Until then, patience was needed. Again, not one of my strong points...….

Dr. F stopped in, told me based on everything he was seeing, my actual Covid infection was over. And technically, so was his involvement with me. Yet he continued to stop to visit and see how I was doing. And he always seemed to ask if I felt I was being treated properly.

Dr. Deb B stopped in. My wife had gotten a hold of the hospital administrator and apparently it was a memorable phone conversation. I heard of the call from my wife and Dr. Deb B. 😄

Dr. Deb B had a cough. She had the cough since I had met her on Saturday. She told me she had Covid early on and had lung damage from it. She made an odd comment "I am going to do some things to make sure you don't have to deal with the same lung damage I have".

I noticed later that the bottle that contained the steroids for the lungs was different (the things you notice when you have nothing else to do). Found out later that Cleveland Clinic had developed a steroid cocktail for Covid pneumonia. I was one of the 1st 3 to receive it locally.

Pulmonary was in and reduced my oxygen flow for the first time. Went from 10L/min. to 9L/min. I was able to maintain 95% BOL at the reduced rate.

I also got a chair beside my bed so the nurses could get me into the chair and sit up normally. That would tire me out, but got to enjoy the view of the roof of the emergency department 🤣

Everyone stay safe out there!

/ Good morning!!!! #142,087  
35°F and clear skies this morning, going up to around 40°, then dropping some more. Our high temp of 54° was at midnight. Cold again tomorrow, then a warming rebound the rest of the week, around 70° again on Friday. One day last week, I had the car's heater on in the morning, and the AC on in the afternoon. Weeeee rollercoaster!

The little pop-up thunderstorms didn't last long last night, but looked on radar like they banded together after passing us into a single wide line. Windy here today, around 20mph.

Using the remainder of my PTO time at work this Friday and next Friday, then off Xmas Eve and NY Eve, so only four day work weeks for me this month. Not hating that.

PFM have gone through quite a few personnel changes over the years, RNG. I think the drummer is the only remaining original member, and the bass player has been with them for a long time, too. They are definitely not the band today that they were in 1974, though. Their newest album sounds a lot more like Dream Theater kind of progressive rock, almost metal on some tracks. I think that's driven by their (relatively) new guitar player. That band is quite legendary in prog rock circles, though.

Some more nice pics again today, gents.

/ Good morning!!!! #142,088  
Good morning, a wet start to the day, giving me plenty of time to recover after playing with grandkids over the weekend. They nicely distracted us from the minor discomfort of our Moderna booster jab on Friday. Hopefully will dry up enough to get out for a couple of hours this afternoon before storm "Barra" arrives tomorrow to displace a few more cobwebs.

That's a great way to look at paying your taxes RNG (y)

Don, sorry, my bad, a closer look at adzuki beans reveals they are much smaller than I first thought, so probably not great ballistic coefficient for trebuche ammo :). I look forward to your Christmas reveal.

Not sure if I mentioned this before - after Halloween a nearby town has an annual event to use up leftover pumpkins

View attachment 723820

[Picture from the "Shropshire Star" newspaper - Pumpkin launcher]

We take it seriously around here.

/ Good morning!!!! #142,089  
I see Steven Spielberg has a remake of the musical "West Side Story". I've a Blu Ray of the original 1961 flick...great flick, if you're into musicals. Damn, I even saw this in a movie theater when it first came out.
I hope the new version isn't too politically kerrect...