Concrete fake log siding

/ Concrete fake log siding #11  
I have not seen the brand in the video, but I have seen it used before and I thought it looked pretty bad. Obviously a different brand and probably an early effort that just didn't look very realistic.

I've watched quite a few of the Good Simple Living youtube videos and I'm enjoying following their progress on their house and homestead build. From the earlier video's where they made a home inside their shop to building their house, you can see significant improvements in their building skills. I'm also thinking that they are hiring more of the work out too. Overall, it's a decent channel, but with too many infomercials and un needed chitter chatter. They also put out a lot of videos that have no purpose, so it's hit or miss if it's going to be a good video, or not.
That seems to be an evolutionary thing with build videos.

/ Concrete fake log siding #12  
I didn't know something like this existed --->shown in the video link. Anyone on here ever used it or know of someone who has used it? This is a young couple doing the YT thing building their own home in Idaho. Link should start where they are attaching the first run. They also covered it in previous videos.
Total bait and switch. Siding doesn't look like logs and leading chick pic isn't even IN the video.

/ Concrete fake log siding #13  
In the link for Everlog, it looks like they provide a veneer siding product, a timber product and a log product. I read some of the FAQ and it looks like the logs are 100lbs per lineal foot and a structure would run $140- $160 sq/ft. The logs give a R19 and are not finished on the inside.

$160 per square? Or $160 per square foot? You’d have to be Jeff bezos to afford the latter. It would cost $76,800 plus installation to put siding on a 60x8 foot wall at that price.

/ Concrete fake log siding #14  
Wasn't Abe Lincoln born in...no, it wasn't one of those. It would look good for...no, not that.
Maybe painted brown it would look more like...well, it wouldn't look like that.
At least you wouldn't have termites.
2021_08_26_20.56.25.jpg

/ Concrete fake log siding
$160 per square? Or $160 per square foot? You’d have to be Jeff bezos to afford the latter. It would cost $76,800 plus installation to put siding on a 60x8 foot wall at that price.
I saw an FAQ that said $140-$160 per square foot of floor space. I have to agree Yikes on the price.

/ Concrete fake log siding #16  
I saw an FAQ that said $140-$160 per square foot of floor space. I have to agree Yikes on the price.

I would assume they’re building the whole house at thar rate ( it was possible here pre Covid) not just the siding. But that’s a pretty useless way to measure one individual material’s cost.

/ Concrete fake log siding #17  
I have been following Good Simple Living for a year now. They do a pretty good job considering they not professionals. They hired out the roof structure, plumbing and electrical along with the hvac,

This is a product....https://www.everlogs.com/everlog-concrete-log-siding/ Cost runs from 100 to 125 $ per sq. foot of living space. They have a video where they went to the manufacture and showed how it is made. I would imagine they get a discount since Everlog is mentioned in their videos.

You have to remember its a YT channel which to be successful you have to put some entertainment in it !! Many of these channels make good money off of YT.

/ Concrete fake log siding #18  
Sounds like it's based on the same premise as Hardy Plank siding.

/ Concrete fake log siding #19  
I have been following Good Simple Living for a year now. They do a pretty good job considering they not professionals. They hired out the roof structure, plumbing and electrical along with the hvac,

This is a product....https://www.everlogs.com/everlog-concrete-log-siding/ Cost runs from 100 to 125 $ per sq. foot of living space. They have a video where they went to the manufacture and showed how it is made. I would imagine they get a discount since Everlog is mentioned in their videos.

You have to remember its a YT channel which to be successful you have to put some entertainment in it !! Many of these channels make good money off of YT.
Must just be that I can't comprehend your wording... That happens....

The siding costs $100-$125 per sq ft of living space??

If you are saying the construction cost of the house is $100-$125 per sq ft I still struggle understanding what that has to do with the cost of the siding.

/ Concrete fake log siding #20  
Our house is 2,100 sq.ft. Not that big of a house but fine for 2 people and a cat.
Now $100 to $125 per sq. ft. of space...you mean $210,000 to $262,500 to side my house? I'd have a stroke!
Another way to figure 2100 sq.ft. would be 21ft X 50ft two story. So let's say 21' X 50' X 16' tall. Two walls 21' X 16' and two walls 50' X 16'. 672+800=1,472.
That's still $147,200@$100 or $220,800@$125 sq.ft.
Our house is on foundation so that adds cost, then subtract doors and windows. Adding foundation about equals subtracting doors & windows.
I'd still have a stroke!
No offense but...WOW!!!!!