Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #142,172  
23F cloudy might reach 30 for high on/off snow shower into late night 1"+.

Outside chores done E muffin time.
Plans for today..soon head outside clean up many branches/limbs from yesterday howling winds :rolleyes: town for critter food,maybe dump run all before noon afternoon not sure...guess I better shake a leg.

Enjoy your day all.

/ Good morning!!!! #142,173  
A far off rainbow is enticing me outside, hopefully signalling the end of rain for a couple of hours, so just a quick Good Morning from me and I will catch up later.

/ Good morning!!!! #142,174  
Snow flurries and 32* here this morning, old man winter is knockin at the door.

/ Good morning!!!! #142,175  
Morning all, 32 and cloudy

BEF - with sons new drum set I can say what did I do to get on the naughty list :)

Buppies - hope today is going better

Drew - thanks for the pictures- looks like a great place to visit. I remember the church organs in Europe. Some churches were built around the organs so they are integrated into the walls. One had pipes around the whole church. We got to hear it, pretty amazing.

PJS - a pipe organ in a house- wow

Don - sorry to hear about gray2- 16 years of great companionship

Stay safe and be well,
Front, back, side-not shown is lighted gazebo a large lighted snowflake on garage wall.
FrontLights20211207_170156.jpg

BackLights20211207_170516.jpg

SantaLights20211207_170534.jpg

/ Good morning!!!! #142,176  
RIP Gray II, you were well loved and had a good long life.

Ron, your State's Covid rate is attracting attention:

nice lights Ken, light up those woods. Maybe the deer will grow red noses...

having a pipe organ in your living room. Yeah, that's pretty cool for sure.

/ Good morning!!!! #142,177  
Good Morning!!!! 46F @ 5:00AM. Foggy with a few showers this afternoon. High 53F. Winds SSE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 30%.
Had some sun to start with yesterday, then the fog filled up the canyon and kept right on going to cover up the house, too. More sun toward late afternoon, but not much warming.
Weather guessers are saying up to half an inch of rain is due in tonight, and seven of the ten days in the long range forecast are gonna be wet. Winter on the west coast is finally here.

All of the carriers bring in temporary help for the holidays, and it shows. I requested re-delivery of a USPS package for last Friday and it's still not here. Spoke to someone at the PO yesterday about it, and it was sitting down there waiting on me to go pick it up. It's a half hour drive, and I paid for home delivery, so they're supposed to try again today.

Neat story about your pipe organ, Paul. I bet it rattled some windows while you had it, huh?

Finally finished the bag rack on one side for the touring bike. Got a start on the other side, too, and now that the trial and error part is done, it should go faster.
leftSideInstalledNoPaint.jpg

leftSideNoPaintWithBag.jpg

Whew! Hump Day already. Where does the time go?

/ Good morning!!!! #142,178  
Good Morning
It’s 29 with a high of almost 40 under cloudy skies predicted.

Yesterday was breakfast, BJ’s, a Chick filet lunch, pick up feed at agway and load the feed bins in the barn. Some paperwork, more apple crisp and bedtime.

Today will be some shop time, maybe a few errands, zoom airport authority meeting tonight, and whatever pops up.

The discussions of needing an advocate when dealing with hospitals brings back unpleasant memories.
Back in 2019 I had a motorcycle accident that left me with many broken bones. Amongst them were 10 broken ribs, which punctured and collapsed both my lungs.

The trauma center did a great job of stabilizing me and inflating my lungs. However in the ensuing weeks in hospital I had developed a serious infection which pretty much went untreated. My daughter, (a nurse at a different hospital) was monitoring my (lack of) progress and questioning the doctors as to what their plan was.
Finally she exploded and told them what a batch of incompetent boobs they were for ignoring any applicable standard of care. She moved heaven and earth to get me moved to the hospital where she worked. By this time I had gone septic, they operated on me there the day I arrived and removed over a liter of pus from my chest, and put me on IV antibiotics for the next 6 Weeks or so. The infection prevented them from aligning and plating my ribs, so, to this day they are where they knitted together, my right shoulder is lower than my left. I elected not to go back and have them break them all apart and reset…
But the bottom line is that the doctors came much closer to killing me than the SUV did. Without an advocate like my daughter, they might have succeeded.

/ Good morning!!!! #142,179  

The discussions of needing an advocate when dealing with hospitals ........

Agree. Totally.

Good that your daughter stepped up.

Unfortunate that personal acquaintances and even significant others may not have the skills to recognize "questionable care" when it is being done. But then, an advocate can still question care when one may not be able to.

Should have them engaged on the insurance and billing processes too.

/ Good morning!!!! #142,180  
Good morning! 23 now and a dusting of snow overnight. It is slick underneath it though. My wife works south of where we live (I work north), she says short distance south of where we get on I-77, there was nothing. Allegedly going to 34 today.

RIP Gray2, condolences Don

Hope you feel better buppies.

Yesterday was quiet for me, the phone calls seemed to go to other guys. They need the practice. I overheard 2 different calls where it seems customers don't realize that very expensive transfer case in the middle of the machine needs to: A) have the oil checked, B) have the lube pump run when in a specific mode C) change the oil. The price is going to shock them, the availability is REALLY going to shock them since due to the supply chain issues, the supplier can only say - "sometime in 2022".

And to continue you with my saga...oddly, I am feeling about recounting it like I did in the hospital last year, I want it to end 🤣

Day 10 of my stay in the resort last year...….

Not a good night as I remember, barely slept. When I had nights like that when the nurse's came in the room to do a vitals check or give me meds etc. I would turn the light on for them from my bed. Surprisingly, they appreciated it. Got my usual visits for a blood draw and the ****** Youth.

I had noticed the nurses rarely left my door closed anymore. It was almost always open. Yet I could hear other doors being opened/closed in the hallway. I asked Mikaela about it, she said since I was no longer an active Covid case, they just left the door open. By this time, my temperature had settled to a normal 97.3° range. BOL was sitting at 95% and pulmonary was making adjustments to the flow of oxygen. Just my heart rate remained elevated.

Had a large gathering of doctors in my room this morning. I actually don't remember why they were all gathered about, but they had the ****** Youth return for more X-rays. Kandi & Mikaela were both in the room. In walked Dr. Deb B to join the soiree. The change in atmosphere was apparent and abrupt. You could have cut the tension in the air with a knife. Mikaela actually stepped into the bathroom to get out of the way. Seems Dr. Deb B wielded a lot of clout at the hospital and was somewhat feared when she was involved. I found out when she said something needed to happen, it better happen. But she always treated me great. In the middle of the little party, the head of urology came in to inform everyone that I would no longer be under the care of the urology department, my kidney function and blood enzymes were of no longer a concern to them. Finally, good news.

Changes for today, I was to start with physical therapy of getting me up to walk short distances and I got a sonogram for my heart due to the elevated rate. Like the sonogram for the kidneys, nothing was found.

The amount of sludge being pumped from my stomach via the NG tube dropped dramatically from the day before. And the blockage had not shrunk, but had moved. This would cause some issues over the next couple of days, especially since Dr. Deb A was done for the week and was going out of town......

Everyone stay safe out there!