Most useful implements?

/ Most useful implements?
Is a ratchet rake any good for actually just raking the ground? For instance I've got some areas that could stand to have some old debris raked up and out. Old leland cypress needles, twigs, junk from a Crepe Myrtle, etc. I've used a landscape rake in the past to rake over some of that kind of stuff and it helped me a lot get it cleaned up and looking better.

If I bought a ratchet rake I wonder if it could do some of that too or if I'd find myself still wanting a LR.

/ Most useful implements? #82  
I have both... For what you are describing, I would use my landscape rake. That does not mean the ratchet rake will not do the job - for I think it will. But i think it will take more time.

With the landscape rake you just put the tractor in gear and drive dragging the material to where you need it to go.

With the ratchet rake, you are going to go in, back up dragging material, then going in to get more, backing up again, and so on.

I find the best use for my ratchet rake is ripping out brush. Put it into the brush drop the bucket and rip it out. And the joy is, I get to stay away from the poison ivy!

I think you were trying to talk me out of it, but you actually sort of talked me into it! Haha (I think, anyway)

It sounds as though it will do what I was inquiring about, it's just not necessarily ideal. However, as a jack of all (many?) trades for me, and it *can* do this, I think it holds a lot of value for me as my next addition. I have some other tasks I think it's perfect for, and it's very well priced compared to most of the other items on my list right now.

Thank you for your input!

Not an "attachment" per se, but for things like pulling shrubs, brush, vines, etc is the "brush grubber" chain any better than a regular ole chain?

It's not terribly expensive, so it it works better I'm all for spending that much on it, but if it's just a gimmick I'll stick with the chain I already have and save my cash.

/ Most useful implements? #85  
I have a bucket tooth bar so I think that will work almost as good as a ratchet rake.
I don't have a landscape rake and didn't read all 80+ replies...but what's the best one for the money? I wouldn't be using it all that much, but I want one strong enough not to bend, but $1,200-$1,500 not worth it for my use (pulling brush, small tree limbs mainly).
A 6ft one would be fine, 35-40 hp.
Thanks.

/ Most useful implements? #87  
Not an "attachment" per se, but for things like pulling shrubs, brush, vines, etc is the "brush grubber" chain any better than a regular ole chain?

It's not terribly expensive, so it it works better I'm all for spending that much on it, but if it's just a gimmick I'll stick with the chain I already have and save my cash.
Is this the one? BrushGrubber | Shrub/Clump Grubber Extreme
bg1.jpg
bg.jpg

I don't have their chain, but do have the BG-13 Handy Grubber:
P2180027c.jpg

And the BG-20:
P2180003 BG-20 6 inch.JPG

P2180007.JPG

Pulled a lot of roots with it.

P2180009.JPG

And small trees:
P2180036.JPG

P2180037.JPG

Yessir that's it. I really want the grubber you have and the chain.

/ Most useful implements? #89  
I'd gotten something akin to the jaw-style grubber and had one of the circlips fly off first thing. Mine was meant for grabbing logs (but could do the same as above grabber); I bought a proper skidding cable and never looked back.

I have a pallet grabber what has fixed teeth (nothing to come apart) and have thought about whether to use that should I have a need to try and grab out some brush. Most of the time I can just use my bush hog to take care of anything.

In a way I think that the chain style might be safer in that you wouldn't have to worry about it slipping off as it isn't relying on teeth to hold on; but the attachment rings might be a weak point.

Always use caution when applying a lot of tugging force: toss a heavy blanket or such to dampen cable/chain (or whatever) in case something lets go.

My favorite tool for yanking big stuff out is an excavator! :D (I don't own one, but when I rent I will have multiple targets for one to be applied toward.)

/ Most useful implements? #90  
Hey I also like that grubber, I can see many uses for that