Bobcat 3650 utility vehicle/slow drive

/ Bobcat 3650 utility vehicle/slow drive #11  
Hills aren't kind to these things. They're pigs. I don't have real hills, only some slight inclines, and I can state that you're not going to traverse much over flat in anything other than low.

Put a bunch of stuff in the bed (or tow a load) and you'll have an excuse to go slow (and you'll forget the need to go faster). And pretend that you're retired (not in a hurry)! :p

Know what to expect:
2014 Ranger Diesel HST low top speed

I have a picture around of a crate of wood in the back of my Brutus (chainsaws and all the fixings from an outing cutting firewood). It was a load that no other UTV would likely have been able to handle (and move around on rough/uneven ground). I've also towed a ton (literally). They're mules, not race horses. HST is no different than on a tractor (as far as performance goes): at 24hp my Brutus IS faster than my 30hp Kubota HST B7800, and about the same as my Kioti NX5510.

I'd have never paid full price for mine. It was heavily discounted (NOS [New Old Stock]). Sitting for a long time (3 years) it resulted in a small leak from a seal that was compromised from sitting so long. Other than that issues (which I've accepted that I'll just ignore) I've only had to replace the front shocks (one was toast). Not bad for five years of some really hard use: no idea how many hours- haven't checked in a long time.

I don't use seatbelts; nor does my dog (so running fast isn't a good idea):

Attachments

• FetchSticks.jpg
    FetchSticks.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 340

/ Bobcat 3650 utility vehicle/slow drive #12  
After reading into this site, the procedure was followed per the site's instruction. Set the speed control lever rpm's, forward and reverse rpm's. Next, the reverse speed was set at 8-8 1/2 mph, not any over, important! Each time when the cables are adjusted to the proper setting, the engine rpm's must be reset! Kept adjusting until the speed and rpm's are properly set. Once this is performed, the vehicle will then exhibit better forward drive performance, even feeling a shifting as you accelerate. This procedure allows for a faster ground speed with a little less pulling power. Now after all adjustments have been made, the vehicle will go 20 mph in as little as 150'. The ground speed is 30 mph, (published speed), and also now the vehicle will have all sort of power to climb steep grades. We have successfully adjusted other 3650's that could hardly get out of their own way with the same satisfactory results. Once that reverse speed is set @ 8-8 1/2 mph, the rest just kind of falls into place.
Bobcat 11/12/2015 11:37 AM I received some additional testing for a loaded performance test.

FORWARD TRAVEL RPM CHECK (PERFORM LOADED FOR CAB VEHICLES, UNLOADED FOR NON-CAB):
This check verifies the horsepower management system is functional and adjusted correctly for optimal performance. The command torsion spring bolt can be adjusted in quarter increments beyond the baseline setting below to match personal preference or based on accessory loads and vehicle usage.

1. With transmission in HIGH range on level asphalt depress the travel control pedal to the full forward position with a quick fluid motion.
2. The engine RPM at 20 mph (32.2 km/h) should be in the range of 3400-3600 RPM for loaded testing and 3550-3650 RPM for unloaded testing. If engine RPM is not within specifications proceed to steps 3-6. If the horsepower management functionality is within specification, proceed to the æ“¢ORWARD TRAVEL SPEED CHECK?
3. To decrease the engine RPM (increased engine pull down), loosen the command torsion spring bolt nut (Fig.1 Item 6) and tighten command torsion spring bolt (Fig.1 Item 5) ï½¼ turn.
4. To increase the engine RPM (decreased engine pull down), loosen the command torsion spring bolt nut (Fig.1 Item 6) loosen commad torsion spring bolt (Fig.1 Item 5) ï½¼ turn. Note: This setting can be adjusted to match user preference, if desired. Tightening the spring will result in increased engine pull down/lug and may require more modulation of the travel control pedal when under load. Loosening the spring decrease engine pull down/lug under load.
5. Repeat steps 3 - 5 until the RPM is within specification. If Forward Travel RPM is within specifications proceed to FORWARD TRAVEL SPEED CHECK.
FORWARD TRAVEL SPEED CHECK (PERFORM LOADED FOR CAB VEHICLES, UNLOADED FOR NON-CAB):

This check verifies the horsepower management system is functional and adjusted correctly for optimal performance with a full accessory load. The command torsion spring bolt can be adjusted in half turn increments beyond the baseline setting below to match personal preference or based on accessory loads and vehicle usage. On straight, level asphalt or concrete, mark off a distance of 250 feet (76.2 meters) for non-CAB/HVAC models and 300 feet (91.44 meters) for CAB/HVAC models.

1. With transmission in HIGH range depress the travel control pedal to the full forward position with a quick fluid motion. Vehicles equipped with CAB/HVAC should accelerate from 0-20 mph (0-32 kph) in a distance of 300 feet (91.44 meters) and vehicles without CAB/HVAC in 250 feet (76.2 meters) or less. Perform test in both directions across the testing field and average the speeds. If vehicle does not obtain the desired speed in the specified distance proceed to Step 2. If vehicle obtains the desired speed in the specified distance the performance checks procedure is COMPLETE. Reconnect hydraulic temperature sensor and clear DTC with Digital Wrench.
2. Tighten command lever torsion spring bolt ï½¼ turn to increase speed. NOTE: If the vehicle does not meet performance specifications after three complete tests contact Bobcat Service Troubleshooting for further assistance.

After reading into this site, the procedure was followed per the site's instruction. Set the speed control lever rpm's, forward and reverse rpm's. Next, the reverse speed was set at 8-8 1/2 mph, not any over, important! Each time when the cables are adjusted to the proper setting, the engine rpm's must be reset! Kept adjusting until the speed and rpm's are properly set. Once this is performed, the vehicle will then exhibit better forward drive performance, even feeling a shifting as you accelerate. This procedure allows for a faster ground speed with a little less pulling power. Now after all adjustments have been made, the vehicle will go 20 mph in as little as 150'. The ground speed is 30 mph, (published speed), and also now the vehicle will have all sort of power to climb steep grades. We have successfully adjusted other 3650's that could hardly get out of their own way with the same satisfactory results. Once that reverse speed is set @ 8-8 1/2 mph, the rest just kind of falls into place.
Bobcat 11/12/2015 11:37 AM I received some additional testing for a loaded performance test.

FORWARD TRAVEL RPM CHECK (PERFORM LOADED FOR CAB VEHICLES, UNLOADED FOR NON-CAB):
This check verifies the horsepower management system is functional and adjusted correctly for optimal performance. The command torsion spring bolt can be adjusted in quarter increments beyond the baseline setting below to match personal preference or based on accessory loads and vehicle usage.

1. With transmission in HIGH range on level asphalt depress the travel control pedal to the full forward position with a quick fluid motion.
2. The engine RPM at 20 mph (32.2 km/h) should be in the range of 3400-3600 RPM for loaded testing and 3550-3650 RPM for unloaded testing. If engine RPM is not within specifications proceed to steps 3-6. If the horsepower management functionality is within specification, proceed to the æ“¢ORWARD TRAVEL SPEED CHECK?
3. To decrease the engine RPM (increased engine pull down), loosen the command torsion spring bolt nut (Fig.1 Item 6) and tighten command torsion spring bolt (Fig.1 Item 5) ï½¼ turn.
4. To increase the engine RPM (decreased engine pull down), loosen the command torsion spring bolt nut (Fig.1 Item 6) loosen commad torsion spring bolt (Fig.1 Item 5) ï½¼ turn. Note: This setting can be adjusted to match user preference, if desired. Tightening the spring will result in increased engine pull down/lug and may require more modulation of the travel control pedal when under load. Loosening the spring decrease engine pull down/lug under load.
5. Repeat steps 3 - 5 until the RPM is within specification. If Forward Travel RPM is within specifications proceed to FORWARD TRAVEL SPEED CHECK.
FORWARD TRAVEL SPEED CHECK (PERFORM LOADED FOR CAB VEHICLES, UNLOADED FOR NON-CAB):

This check verifies the horsepower management system is functional and adjusted correctly for optimal performance with a full accessory load. The command torsion spring bolt can be adjusted in half turn increments beyond the baseline setting below to match personal preference or based on accessory loads and vehicle usage. On straight, level asphalt or concrete, mark off a distance of 250 feet (76.2 meters) for non-CAB/HVAC models and 300 feet (91.44 meters) for CAB/HVAC models.

1. With transmission in HIGH range depress the travel control pedal to the full forward position with a quick fluid motion. Vehicles equipped with CAB/HVAC should accelerate from 0-20 mph (0-32 kph) in a distance of 300 feet (91.44 meters) and vehicles without CAB/HVAC in 250 feet (76.2 meters) or less. Perform test in both directions across the testing field and average the speeds. If vehicle does not obtain the desired speed in the specified distance proceed to Step 2. If vehicle obtains the desired speed in the specified distance the performance checks procedure is COMPLETE. Reconnect hydraulic temperature sensor and clear DTC with Digital Wrench.
2. Tighten command lever torsion spring bolt ï½¼ turn to increase speed. NOTE: If the vehicle does not meet performance specifications after three complete tests contact Bobcat Service Troubleshooting for further assistance.
can you contact me to further assist with fixing this problem on my machine...thanks 815-509-6176

/ Bobcat 3650 utility vehicle/slow drive #13  

can you contact me to further assist with fixing this problem on my machine...thanks 815-509-6176

/ Bobcat 3650 utility vehicle/slow drive #14  
Did you have any luck working thru your problems. I have same issues, 2014 Brutis.

/ Bobcat 3650 utility vehicle/slow drive #15  
What kind of inclines are you talking about? Sales folks will tell you that these things only can operate under x% slope: can't recall what it is.