New Holland T6050 oil level rising

/ New Holland T6050 oil level rising #1  

Ag-lad

Tractor
New Holland T6050
Oil level in crankcase rising. Oli analysis indicates no fuel contamination. I'm assuming that transmission oil is leaking in. tractor is a 2009 Plus model with 16 X 16 transmission, about 3500 hours, that uses the variable hydraulic pump. I'd like to know where the leak is occurring. Anyone have experience with something like this?

/ New Holland T6050 oil level rising #3  
I had a Mitsubishi with the same issue. The shaft seal on the hydraulic pump would start leaking and since the shaft was driven off the crankshaft the hydraulic oil ended up in the crankcase. Replacing the pump fixed the problem.

/ New Holland T6050 oil level rising
I don't think that there is any pump mounted on the engine. Transmission oil cooler located at front of radiator. This tractor does not have a friction clutch, the transmission is driven by a damper plate bolted to the flywheel. What I'm wondering, is the flywheel immersed in oil and could the oil get into the crankcase past the rear crankshaft seal. That doesn't seem feasible, as I would think then that engine oil would be leaking out. I'm really at a loss trying to figure this out. Any advise would be welcome.

/ New Holland T6050 oil level rising #5  
A good first step would be to determine where and how your hydraulic pump is mounted and plumbed. Remember, the hydraulic system has a LOT more pressure than the lubrication system. You could even consider asking the dealer or his mechanic about where the pumps and things are located. Thinking is not the same as knowing.

Hydraulic pump is at the rear of the transmission. This is a NH Plus model with 16 X 16 PS transmission with variable displacement pump at rear of transmission housing. There is no clutch on the flywheel, transmission and PTO are driven by a damper bolted to the flywheel. C3 and C4 clutch packs in transmission function as a clutch. There does not seem to be any hydraulic connection to the engine. My guess is that transmission oil is getting into crankcase thru rear of crankshaft seal. For that to happen, the front of trans may be leaking into flywheel housing, flywheel running in oil and oil passing thru crankshaft seal. Somehow, this doesn't seem likely. Need advice. Or contact with a NH expert.

/ New Holland T6050 oil level rising #7  
There should be a drain plug, or inspection cover on the flywheel housing,,
That should let you know if the immersed flywheel is the problem,

/ New Holland T6050 oil level rising #8  
Oil level in crankcase rising. Oli analysis indicates no fuel contamination.
How much is the oil level rising,, and over what period of time?
Has it done the oil rise thing more than once?
Have you considered changing the oil, and seeing if the oil rises a second time?

Don't know if there is an inspection plate or drain for the flywheel housing, I'll look for that later. I have changed engine oil and after about 40 hours on grain auger during harvest, oil level above max on dipstick. Drained oil again, sent sample for oil analysis (test results OK/no contaminants (apparently they can't distinguish between engine oil and Hytran oil)). Fresh oil to crankcase, topped up transmission oil (I added too much, sight gauge above full mark). Used tractor for about 4 hours, crankcase level up to Max again, transmission level down to mid level. Could the problem be because transmission level too high? Very perplexing!

Couldn't spot a drain or inspection plate on flywheel housing. Drained crankcase this AM and refilled to mid mark on dipstick. Transmission level at just full mark. The last time I used the tractor; after shutting down, the level was at mid mark, but after sitting for a few days, oil level came up to full mark. Will run tractor again snow blowing and will see what happens to oil levels.