Choosing the right tractor

/ Choosing the right tractor
Thank you Waco branson. That will help me a lot in my decision. I used to work on farms and tractors all through high school. But I'm so far away from that time in my life I'm basically a unlearned tractor buyer. I appreciate the info.

/ Choosing the right tractor #52  
What I'm not seeing on here is that none of the major brands make their own tractors under ---__??<__--- usually 75hp so check on that brand directly to see if you don't get a better price
We own a 55hp branson open cab

A 65hp mahindra cab tractor made by tym

And a 85hp massey made by massey

All went through farm credit nice bank/ credit union with dividends

We bought all tractors new and all implements used
Hope this helps and good farming

/ Choosing the right tractor
Those
What I'm not seeing on here is that none of the major brands make their own tractors under ---__??<__--- usually 75hp so check on that brand directly to see if you don't get a better price

Do you like your branson?

/ Choosing the right tractor #54  
Take your time, do a lot of research and most of all don't be color blind. There are an awful lot of equal tractors in all colors not to mention don't skimp on weight.

/ Choosing the right tractor #55  
I have 25 acres in East Texas. I am looking for a new tractor. I have about 5 acres to mow. Sometimes in the spring it rains a lot and by the time the field dries the grass gets 2-3 feet tall. My zero turn mower is getting beat up pretty bad.
I have mostly woods but I tried to put trails in but a 4 wheeler , chainsaw and weed eater just isn't cutting it and I can't keep them from getting overgrown.
I also had my plantation pine thinned and I need a lot of clean up. I have a mixture of pine and hardwoods. I have some huge oaks down but can't get to them with what I have now. Got about 300 yards of driveway that needs some work. I have a pond that needs cleaned up around the edges and cleaned out when it gets low. Plus some general dirt work and such.
I am looking for an all around workhorse in around the 50hp range still nimble enough to navigate in the woods.
The 3 tractors I'm seriously considering to aquire in about 2 months are the massey ferguson 2850e, kioti dk45se, or the kubota l4701. I'm looking to get a grapple / 3rd function, a mid range rotary cutter, boxblade, and if I can swing it a tiller. Looking to make a long term investment. To get it paid off before I retire in 6 years or sow.
My credit is not great but should have a large down payment almost half.
Any suggestions on what I should be looking at.
Check out Tractorhouse.com So You Find A Tractor With Low Hours And Has a nuff Horse Power To Do The Job

/ Choosing the right tractor #56  
I have 25 acres in East Texas. I am looking for a new tractor. I have about 5 acres to mow. Sometimes in the spring it rains a lot and by the time the field dries the grass gets 2-3 feet tall. My zero turn mower is getting beat up pretty bad.
I have mostly woods but I tried to put trails in but a 4 wheeler , chainsaw and weed eater just isn't cutting it and I can't keep them from getting overgrown.
I also had my plantation pine thinned and I need a lot of clean up. I have a mixture of pine and hardwoods. I have some huge oaks down but can't get to them with what I have now. Got about 300 yards of driveway that needs some work. I have a pond that needs cleaned up around the edges and cleaned out when it gets low. Plus some general dirt work and such.
I am looking for an all around workhorse in around the 50hp range still nimble enough to navigate in the woods.
The 3 tractors I'm seriously considering to aquire in about 2 months are the massey ferguson 2850e, kioti dk45se, or the kubota l4701. I'm looking to get a grapple / 3rd function, a mid range rotary cutter, boxblade, and if I can swing it a tiller. Looking to make a long term investment. To get it paid off before I retire in 6 years or sow.
My credit is not great but should have a large down payment almost half.
Any suggestions on what I should be looking at.
I have the Massey 1738E , hydro, quick disconnect bucket / forks , 4X4 with R4 tires, purchased in 2014, has about 400 hrs on it now, no issues so far, love it , could always use more power , but that's a guy thing. It does not have the extra hydraulics lines ,( front or back )you will need with the grapple or the center PTO for a mid mount mower. Just something to watch out for before making the purchase , Not sure if the three you listed have this , We use a backhoe, box scraper, rototiller , snow blower, post hole digger, brush hog , finish mower attachments
If I could recommend one item. if you can swing the added cost , get the quick disconnect bucket with the forks, well worth it. Good Luck

/ Choosing the right tractor #57  

Deere and Kubota aren’t major brands?

They both make pretty much all of their own tractors in their own Factories at various locations around the world.

/ Choosing the right tractor #58  
Deere and Kubota aren’t major brands?

They both make pretty much all of their own tractors in their own Factories at various locations around the world.
Fair to say about Kubota at this point. Deere has Yanmar's engines in Series 1-4. Deere is like everyone else with the small stuff. They are importing parts and assembling them here.
On small tractors, TYM and Branson use mostly Kukje engines (they own Kukje).

LS uses a Mtron engine...their own brand.
LS fully makes the Case and NH small stuff.

Kioti uses a Daedong engine - their parent company. Kioti makes the Bobcat, too.

Massey uses Iseki to build their small stuff.

/ Choosing the right tractor #59  
No I haven't visited any dealers yet.
I do not want a cab due to a lot of work in the woods.
I'm considering a hydro bit I think I could make due with a shuttle shift.
I am leaning toward ag tires.
I have a MF1760 cab tractor which is almost identical to the 2860 with exception of the motor.

While the heat and a/c are nice, the two main reasons I had for getting the cab tractor were bees and spiders.

I'm less than 200 miles south of you so we have very similar environments. I've got 25 acres of timber and trails, and my 1760 does just fine in the woods although there are times I wish I'd gone with a flail mower over the brush hog, just due to the turning radius.

The 1760 is a hydro and has the R4 tires, but when it's wet and marshy she'll sink to her axels if I'm not careful, I'm seriously thinking about adding a winch for just such occasions.

I went with Massey because the local stealerships here are either Massey, Kubota and one that sells bitty Mahindras. The Massey folks will pickup and deliver at no charge when I need maintenance which is one reason I went that direction.

/ Choosing the right tractor #60  
Fair to say about Kubota at this point. Deere has Yanmar's engines in Series 1-4. Deere is like everyone else with the small stuff. They are importing parts and assembling them here.
On small tractors, TYM and Branson use mostly Kukje engines (they own Kukje).

LS uses a Mtron engine...their own brand.
LS fully makes the Case and NH small stuff.

Kioti uses a Daedong engine - their parent company. Kioti makes the Bobcat, too.

Massey uses Iseki to build their small stuff.

Best I can tell, Kubota and Yanmar (both 100+ year old Japanese companies) are the only purebreds in the compact tractor world that build the entire tractor, including the engine, under their own name. No rebranding, rebadging, outsourcing, or trade names to obfuscate what you’re purchasing.