Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #16,241  
I think it’s a mix. Some of those lights are very bright and are not adjusted correctly, this causes them to blind other traffic. At the same time yes many of them are not turning thier high beams down for other traffic and I see it a lot more frequently lately.
I've noticed some of the newer vehicles come with automatic high beams. The vehicle decides when they switch to low and back to hi.

Wifes new car came with that feature. We tested it out on a back road. Noticed that it tended to switch to low when someone was approaching. But wouldn't switch to low if you were following someone till you got close enough for it to register following distance on the radar.

We pressed the button to disable it.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #16,242  
One issue which I have with newer headlights is that you can't adjust them. Try putting a 900 lb load into the back of a pickup and then keep from blinding people at night.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #16,243  
I've noticed some of the newer vehicles come with automatic high beams. The vehicle decides when they switch to low and back to hi.

Wifes new car came with that feature. We tested it out on a back road. Noticed that it tended to switch to low when someone was approaching. But wouldn't switch to low if you were following someone till you got close enough for it to register following distance on the radar.

We pressed the button to disable it.
My wife's Mazda CX-9 has this feature. Excellent HID projector headlights, very smart at knowing when to turn the high beams off. Somehow it can tell the difference between a car ahead of you, but ignore the harsh reflections off a road sign you're passing. We love it.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #16,244  
My wife's Mazda CX-9 has this feature. Excellent HID projector headlights, very smart at knowing when to turn the high beams off. Somehow it can tell the difference between a car ahead of you, but ignore the harsh reflections off a road sign you're passing. We love it.
I'm not a fan of blinding the person ahead of me when the car decides it's far enough away to put the Hi beams on.

The issue I had with my wifes car wasn't the dimming to oncoming traffic. It was kicking the high beams on once a vehicle got to a certain point in front of us. It still blinds the driver in front of you, even when following at 20 to 30 car lengths behind them.

And it especially does it when hi beams light it up like stadium lighting.

I've seen a couple vehicles on the interstate with the auto hi beams. They were following the car in front of them at that sweet spot where the lights would switch to low, after about 15 to 20 seconds they would switch back to hi beams, then back to low after another 15 to 20 seconds.

I just want to give them a High 5 to the face

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #16,245  
OK, this is a little off subject but..... lately when driving on the interstates, is it my imagination or are 18 wheelers now driving with their brights on all of the time? Someone told me that they are using new LED bulbs but they sure are bright.
2019 Volvo I was driving had LED lights. Extremely bright. Great for me at night, not so much for on-coming traffic.
Even had some flash brights at me from the other side of a divided hwy.
In freezing mist/rain they would ice over and need scraping because LED doesn't produce heat to melt the ice off.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #16,246  
I'm not a fan of blinding the person ahead of me when the car decides it's far enough away to put the Hi beams on.

I've seen a couple vehicles on the interstate with the auto hi beams. They were following the car in front of them at that sweet spot where the lights would switch to low, after about 15 to 20 seconds they would switch back to hi beams, then back to low after another 15 to 20 seconds.

I just want to give them a High 5 to the face
Yeah it definitely requires paying attention to make sure it is operating correctly, for sure. Ours tends to stay off on the highway unless it's truly empty. Best performance is on low-traffic rural 2-lane roads, where it often reacts faster than a human would, and at the appropriate times.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #16,247  
One issue which I have with newer headlights is that you can't adjust them. Try putting a 900 lb load into the back of a pickup and then keep from blinding people at night.
You readjust your headlights every time you load or unload anything in your truck?

You're a better man then I am.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #16,248  
You readjust your headlights every time you load or unload anything in your truck?

You're a better man then I am.
Haha, I was thinking the same thing.
Actually, I've never adjusted the headlights on any of the last 4+ vehicles we've had.
I adjusted the plow lights on my previous truck, and headlights on my very first car. I think that's it.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #16,249  
2019 Volvo I was driving had LED lights. Extremely bright. Great for me at night, not so much for on-coming traffic.
Even had some flash brights at me from the other side of a divided hwy.
In freezing mist/rain they would ice over and need scraping because LED doesn't produce heat to melt the ice off.
I think it's still a matter of aim and beam pattern.

I put LEDs in my '97 F350 4x4 - it's factory other than somewhat oversized tires but the lights are up fairly high - and I never get flashed when driving at night, despite everything around being clear as day now (much less night time driving fatigue!).

The beam pattern from the housings has a very crisp horizontal cut-off which I think helps a lot.

I do turn my headlights off (parking lights on) at traffic light stops when there's a car in front of me and I can tell my lights are over their trunk.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #16,250  
I think it's still a matter of aim and beam pattern.

I put LEDs in my '97 F350 4x4 - it's factory other than somewhat oversized tires but the lights are up fairly high - and I never get flashed when driving at night, despite everything around being clear as day now (much less night time driving fatigue!).

The beam pattern from the housings has a very crisp horizontal cut-off which I think helps a lot.

I do turn my headlights off (parking lights on) at traffic light stops when there's a car in front of me and I can tell my lights are over their trunk.
I'll do that too. Surprisingly, my little Subaru Crosstrek sits higher than one would think, i'll go to running lights if my lights are hitting them in the head. Same while waiting in line, like drive thru. I've seen a number of large pickups do the same thing.