L2501 vs LX2610

/ L2501 vs LX2610 #41  
In America we drive on the RIGHT SIDE
of the road????
You should try to drive a British right hand
drive with standard transmission very strange

willy

/ L2501 vs LX2610 #42  
Same with me! There are far many other things that are going to kill us and this planet before my tractor exhaust does, LOL
Individually, no, collectively, who knows. I am not a lefty greenie by any means, yet I consider myself a steward of my environment. A little extra expense, a little complexity aren't to high of prices to pay to do my part to not pollute any more than necessary.

Last edited:
   / L2501 vs LX2610 #43  
of the road????

willy

What’s your point Willy?

You adapt. Just like anything else.
…I do drive a RHD vehicle and shift a manual transmission with my left hand and drive on the right side of the road.

404EBF52-82AC-455F-AEB8-338DC6F443F0.jpeg

Mike

/ L2501 vs LX2610 #44  
Same with me! There are far many other things that are going to kill us and this planet before my tractor exhaust does, LOL
I enjoy not getting a sinus headache on my new tractor, like always happened on my 20 year old tractor that gave me a headache after 30 minutes of sucking fumes.

/ L2501 vs LX2610 #45  
What’s your point Willy?

You adapt. Just like anything else.
…I do drive a RHD vehicle and shift a manual transmission with my left hand and drive on the right side of the road.

View attachment 729401

Mike
It appears the pedals are arranged just like a left hand drive vehicle clutch, brake, throttle. It would be a sight more difficult to teach your hands and your feet at the same time. With the high price of even used side by sides, I've been considering a Japanese mini truck which are just about all right hand drive.

/ L2501 vs LX2610 #46  
I enjoy not getting a sinus headache on my new tractor, like always happened on my 20 year old tractor that gave me a headache after 30 minutes of sucking fumes.
I don't have that problem. Both my B2620 diesel and my 55 gas Allis and two 71 gas Massey's are in proper tune so I don't smell exhaust at all.
But oddly my RTV does have diesel exhaust smell, but I like that smell.

/ L2501 vs LX2610 #47  
It appears the pedals are arranged just like a left hand drive vehicle clutch, brake, throttle. It would be a sight more difficult to teach your hands and your feet at the same time. With the high price of even used side by sides, I've been considering a Japanese mini truck which are just about all right hand drive.
I would agree, luckily, however pedal configurations are universally the same, LHD vs RHD in every modern vehicle I have had the privilege to own or drive.

And, yes! I would highly recommend a RHD Japanese mini truck over a side by side. I’m not sure of your location but I have a good importer/dealer I can recommend here in Washington state.

Mike

/ L2501 vs LX2610 #48  
And, yes! I would highly recommend a RHD Japanese mini truck over a side by side. I’m not sure of your location but I have a good importer/dealer I can recommend here in Washington state.
North central Washington. I am equally distant from jut about everything. lol,

/ L2501 vs LX2610 #49  
of the road????

willy
I used to check ride potential new hires in a dump truck, finding gears for them from the right seat was part of the job.

/ L2501 vs LX2610 #50  
Learn! The Brits and Aussies drive on the opposite side of the road. You go there, you adapt. They come here, they adapt. There is no wrong side, only the unfamiliar.

The issue isn’t that they are on the wrong or unfamiliar side.
The issue is that,
the hydro treadle pedal, is on the same side as the brakes pedals
The brake pedals are directly above the hydro pedal.
So..
if needing to do any type of delicate loader work, on anything less than flat surfaces
One needs 2 right feet to operate the pedals.
I’m trying to learn every day, but growing an extra right foot, seems out of my intellectual grasp.
It is the main reason I have yet to buy an L2501, although I may still buy one, or wait to see if they update it and call it a L2502