Clutch throw-out bearing release lever pivot point fork breaking

/ Clutch throw-out bearing release lever pivot point fork breaking #1  

Raw Bone

OK guys , here is my situation . I own a Jinma 254 and I知 having a problem with the clutch throw-out bearing release lever pivot point fork breaking. I致e included a few photos hopefully to better show exactly where the problem is . These are not photos of my tractor I downloaded these from the internet for
illustration purposes.
I replaced the first broken fork without splitting the tractor through the inspection hole in the bell-housing. It worked fine for a couple of months and now
the one I replaced has broken again. These forks are cast pieces and have broken at the casting lines. Have anyone else had a similar problem?

02 Clutch T-O.jpg 00 Clutch T-O bearing lever arm pivot fork Item 13 on parts list.jpg

/ Clutch throw-out bearing release lever pivot point fork breaking #2  
It is possible that the fork breaking is a symptom of another issue such as high friction either at the transmission spline or the pivot bolt (or both locations) due to lack of lubrication or wear. When you depress the clutch pedal is the travel smooth?

/ Clutch throw-out bearing release lever pivot point fork breaking #3  
OK guys , here is my situation . I own a Jinma 254 and I知 having a problem with the clutch throw-out bearing release lever pivot point fork breaking. I致e included a few photos hopefully to better show exactly where the problem is . These are not photos of my tractor I downloaded these from the internet for
illustration purposes.
I replaced the first broken fork without splitting the tractor through the inspection hole in the bell-housing. It worked fine for a couple of months and now
the one I replaced has broken again. These forks are cast pieces and have broken at the casting lines. Have anyone else had a similar problem?

View attachment 619280 View attachment 619281
Where did you get replacement levers? I have the same problem with a 284 and the dealer would only sell us a whole new clutch for 700 bucks.

/ Clutch throw-out bearing release lever pivot point fork breaking #4  
My first thought is that there is something jamming somewhere. Maybe that's why the dealer wants you to buy a new clutch. The new one might have a lighter spring or heavier levers or be redesigned to eliminate the problem.

/ Clutch throw-out bearing release lever pivot point fork breaking #5  
illustration purposes.

View attachment 619280 View attachment 619281

Just make one out of steel, not cast. I have a clutch fork I made in 1989 and its still working. It's behind a 15" clutch.

/ Clutch throw-out bearing release lever pivot point fork breaking #6  
Thought about having a few made up on a CNC. But found new ones at affordable tractor in Texas for 20 bucks ea. Calling in am to confirm will work on 8 inch clutch. Can't beat the cost.

/ Clutch throw-out bearing release lever pivot point fork breaking #7  
May be worth annealing the new casting thoroughly before you fit it? If you have a wood stove, put it in there & heat it up to dull red for a while, then let it cool down as slowly as possible - keep immersed in the wood ash, or let the stove go out by itself if that is practicable. Should soften up the casting nicely. Another forum I frequent has a member do this to a small engine casting that he couldn't machine. Chilled iron can be glass hard & similarly brittle. He successfully annealed the casting as above & said it machined perfectly afterwards.