Front Tire Pressure - XR4150

/ Front Tire Pressure - XR4150 #1  

KP2654

Tractor
LS XR4150
What tire pressure are you running in your XR series? It seems 14-18 makes the contact patch optimum to me, but I have found conflicting information in the OM about this.

Thanks!

/ Front Tire Pressure - XR4150 #2  
What tire pressure are you running in your XR series? It seems 14-18 makes the contact patch optimum to me, but I have found conflicting information in the OM about this.

Thanks!
I would think, it depends upon if you have an FEL and are using it. My 3135 recommends Max recommended Pressure with a Loader but doesn't specify what that pressure is. The Tractor Manual just lists Ag Tires at 7-14psi. Another spot in the manual listed max front tire pressure with Loader at 50psi.

Last edited:
   / Front Tire Pressure - XR4150
I do have a loader on the tractor and use it and a grapple often.

/ Front Tire Pressure - XR4150 #5  
then go by the max air pressure rating on the tire sidewall.
Father-in-Law would run max sidewall psi on his Chevy C3500 Dually and it rode like hay wagon. No cushion and you could feel and hear every patched crack in the road. After finally convincing him to run the recommended psi on the door plate, road like a dream.

/ Front Tire Pressure - XR4150 #6  
I always run the max indicated pressure from the sidewall of the tire.
Unless I don't because of a hole.

/ Front Tire Pressure - XR4150 #7  
To each his own. I like to save my back so I keep my tire pressure just adequate to do the job. ON my loader tractors, the gauge is a bucket full of whatever will barely show a slight bulge in the sidewall. I run 25 in my 225 and that is all I need for that tractor with 4 ply R4s.

/ Front Tire Pressure - XR4150 #8  
Look at the front tire sidewall for max pressure and load capacity then look up your loader lift capacity. I bet the tires need to be at max pressure to support the loader lift capacity and weight of the front of the tractor.

/ Front Tire Pressure - XR4150 #9  
Father-in-Law would run max sidewall psi on his Chevy C3500 Dually and it rode like hay wagon. No cushion and you could feel and hear every patched crack in the road. After finally convincing him to run the recommended psi on the door plate, road like a dream.
Not exactly apples to apples comparison. Pickups have axles and tires that exceed what the truck is rated to haul. These SCUT and CUT use tires that are on the small size and their max capacity at max inflation is just enough to handle the FEL and tractor front axle weight.

/ Front Tire Pressure - XR4150 #10  
Not exactly apples to apples comparison. Pickups have axles and tires that exceed what the truck is rated to haul. These SCUT and CUT use tires that are on the small size and their max capacity at max inflation is just enough to handle the FEL and tractor front axle weight.
Good point. I was trying to stress that tires should not be run at the max psi stated on the sidewall but at the psi stated on the door pillar sticker or in the tractor manual for your specific tractor.