Defective new tractor

/ Defective new tractor #1  

DanMull

Tractor
Branson
Just purchased Branson 2515H. After using tractor for four hours, I started it next day and blue smoke belched out and engine knocked. It cleared up but I could still hear a tick and light knocking. I called dealer. They said it was a warranty issue and would not just give me a new tractor. The tractor is only four hours old. They picked it up for repair two days ago. Haven't heard anything from them . The Branson dealer in Jackson. Michigan. My position is I'm entitled to new tractor, not a fixed tractor with maybe a new engine. Anyone know my rights in this regard?

/ Defective new tractor #2  
Your dealer is correct that it is a warranty issue.

/ Defective new tractor #3  
sounds like just a stuck injector causing fuel knock. Not a big deal. All 4 new tractors that ive taken delivery of at work had to go back at some point during the warranty for repairs. Bad orbital motor, internal hst leak causing no power, front differential literally grenaded at like 50 hours, defective computer causing no start, bent loader from factory, multiple hydraulic leaks... etc. Its just how it goes. They aren't building millions of em like they do cars so theres bound to be more manufacturing defects and oversights. Just 2 weeks ago, we had to send a brand new bobcat t66 back to the dealer for a coolant leak.

/ Defective new tractor #4  
:rolleyes:

/ Defective new tractor #5  
Just purchased Branson 2515H. After using tractor for four hours, I started it next day and blue smoke belched out and engine knocked. It cleared up but I could still hear a tick and light knocking. I called dealer. They said it was a warranty issue and would not just give me a new tractor. The tractor is only four hours old. They picked it up for repair two days ago. Haven't heard anything from them . The Branson dealer in Jackson. Michigan. My position is I'm entitled to new tractor, not a fixed tractor with maybe a new engine. Anyone know my rights in this regard?
Yeah, your rights are you have to let them try to determine what's wrong with it in a timely manner. Until they determine that, you have to wait.

/ Defective new tractor #6  
That is precisely what a warranty is for, things like this. Sounds like your dealer is on top of this by coming to get the tractor and taking it back to their shop.

I think we all understand your frustration as nobody wants to have issues with a new big ticket item. But it happens. The good news is it happened early in the warranty period and not 4 hours beyond the warranty.

Have a little faith in your dealer and be assured you still will have a new tractor. Also your new tractor is getting a thorough inspection by a caring dealer that wants to make sure it does not come back.

/ Defective new tractor #7  
I agree with K5lwq.

People do feel entitled to a lot of things these days. Just be patient, let the dealer pick up the tractor, diagnose it and proceed after that. The atitude of demanding this and that that some people do, because that just makes everything worse for the dealer and costumer. It only results on internet rants. Not saying you're like that though, I hope not.

The dealer can't just send a new tractor without knowing what was wrong one the other one in the first place. Let's imagine you put gas instead of diesel on your brand new tractor and trashed the engine? That's not really a warranty case and it's 100% the owners fault.

/ Defective new tractor #8  
If your warranty and sales contract says "we will immediately give you a new machine upon discovery of a suspected defect" then yes you will get a new replacement machine right away.

BTW sorry about your troubles, at least it sounds like the dealer is taking action. Hopefully it gets resolved sooner than later.

/ Defective new tractor
Thanks for all the replies. Especially noting that the dealer would first have to determine what is the issue with the tractor. This is my first "brand new" purchase of a big ticket item. I've got some learning curves. I will be patient and have faith in dealer. After all. They did pick it up quickly. Also, need to stop listening to friends and relatives suggests on "what should have been done". Again, thanks for the well reasoned responses.

/ Defective new tractor #10  
This is my first "brand new" purchase of a big ticket item. Also, need to stop listening to friends and relatives suggests on "what should have been done". Again, thanks for the well reasoned responses.
And we much better understand your first post and real root cause of your frustration. The silver lining may be that it brought you here. While it is being fixed, I suggest you do some searching here. There is an enormous amount of good info where other sites are mixed. It will lead to a few questions and then you will better enjoy your machine when it returns.