Any owners of the new MX5400 or MX6000?

/ Any owners of the new MX5400 or MX6000? #41  
Also, you can get either a gear or hydro trans on the MX5400 but on the MX600 the only option is a hydro. No gear trans.
Very true, but I wanted the HST anyways.

/ Any owners of the new MX5400 or MX6000? #42  
I ordered a L4701DT last May. It came in July but was the HST model. I didn’t want the HST so I reordered it. In the meantime I did more research and decided on the MX4800DT. It never arrived all year. In the meantime they quit making it so the dealer replaced it with the MX5400DT ROPS model. The price stayed the same. I only have the loader and box blade as I decided on more tractor and less implements for the price I wanted to pay. I’ve added some pallet forks since. They are extremely handy. A post hole digger and flail mower are next. I’m extremely happy with it. I have R4’s on it for more stability on the slopes. Going to add another 600 pounds of weights next for a lower center of gravity.
I prefer a clutch over an auto and driving the DT is a joy to drive. If you ever seen the video from Messicks comparing the DT and HST in pulling power with the same model you’ll see it’s a no brainer to choose the DT if you want more power.

/ Any owners of the new MX5400 or MX6000? #43  
Good to hear the positive feed back on these units.

Hi, my name is Walter and i am a tool-a-holic, I could change if I wanted to, but what the heck, who am I kidding, I'm having too much fun!

I purchased the tractor because I needed to excavate a chunk of my property, so needed a FEL and Backhoe. I also need a rough terrain forklift. Yes I know an excavator would have been faster digging, but moving the fill would have been much slower and they make lousy forklifts, so then I would also need a skid steer, which the forks on dry pavement is very jerky or FEL, and I was only allowed one machine, so Swizz Army Knife, IE Tractor TLB it was. (In a perfect world I would have one of each, Mini Excavator, skid steer and forklift)

I currently have a L3901HST, which I choose based on the specs, and figured with blocking I could get the extra height, only to realize that it was just at least one size too small and that even though it was rated for 1155 lbs, by the time I get the forks and the lengths of steel I need to lift, the hydraulic limiter cuts out before you can even get them off the ground. To add insult to injury the L3901 is in the shop as it developed a hydraulic leak at the gasket to the port block which is right between the HST transmission and the rear end case assembly with only just over 100 hours on it. I am not even finished the excavation and no where near ready to lift the steel. Dealer was fantastic, I emailed the rep. Sunday evening, got a call first thing Monday morning and their driver was here by noon to haul the machine back to the shop, which is a few hours away. It is currently in the shop, split in half, waiting for some seals to come in.

I am now in the process of trying to determine how much of a hit I am going to take trading this unit in against a MX5400HST with LA1065 FEL and BH92. With about 100 hours of moving racks, dirt and sand well there is not much paint left on the buckets, and some crazy fool shock the bucket with a load of pebbles in it and christened the hood, only small dents but dents just the same.

Unfortunately, cab is not an option with a back hoe, only available on the ROPS units, and I am already very familiar with the dust storms these critters stir up, had my wife out with a hose wetting down the pathway to keep the dust down.

I am sure that had I gone with the MX5400 in the first place I'd already be done digging and ahead a chunk of money, but this is my first real tractor and I chose the wrong size, but then who hasn't! Seems I am not the only one to go that route.

Walter
You sound like me. In 2019 I bought a L3301 HST and two years later sold that to an individual and bought my MX5400 HST. I got $4k more in private sell than trade in but right now might be a prime time to trade in.

/ Any owners of the new MX5400 or MX6000? #44  
I ordered a L4701DT last May. It came in July but was the HST model. I didn’t want the HST so I reordered it. In the meantime I did more research and decided on the MX4800DT. It never arrived all year. In the meantime they quit making it so the dealer replaced it with the MX5400DT ROPS model. The price stayed the same. I only have the loader and box blade as I decided on more tractor and less implements for the price I wanted to pay. I’ve added some pallet forks since. They are extremely handy. A post hole digger and flail mower are next. I’m extremely happy with it. I have R4’s on it for more stability on the slopes. Going to add another 600 pounds of weights next for a lower center of gravity.
I prefer a clutch over an auto and driving the DT is a joy to drive. If you ever seen the video from Messicks comparing the DT and HST in pulling power with the same model you’ll see it’s a no brainer to choose the DT if you want more power.
There is only a few hp drop on the MX series between gear and hst. The MX 6000 has a gross 63hp, so losing a few hp to the hst is not an issue for me.

/ Any owners of the new MX5400 or MX6000? #45  
John Thomas (Me) has a MX5400 HST he bought new a couple of years ago and now has 130 hours on it for sale for $31,500 ready for immediate pick up in Somerset, Ky.

/ Any owners of the new MX5400 or MX6000? #46  
John Thomas (Me) has a MX5400 HST he bought new a couple of years ago and now has 130 hours on it for sale for $31,500 ready for immediate pick up in Somerset, Ky.

Upgrading tractor?

/ Any owners of the new MX5400 or MX6000? #47  
Upgrading tractor?
Moved from large lot to a small lot in town. I just used it for large home lot landscaping and maintaining a old logging road on my 25 acre mountain behind my house.