SURPRISE!

/ SURPRISE! #61  
Yet how many posters on here respond to someone who is having a problem tractor by recommending selling their problem to an unknowing buyer. Not much different that returning bad goods to Walmart for a credit.

I bought someone else’s problem, that’s bad. I unloaded my problem, that’s good?

Some people need to look in a mirror.

Absolutely agree. If I were to sell something used that has a problem and I didn't disclose it... Well, that's simply being fraudulent and dishonest.
To do that would mean I would have no pride, no honor, and my parents would be ashamed of raising such a son.

I like to think that most people in our country feel the same. My rural neighbors certainly do.

Sure there are exceptions, but one bad egg doesn't ruin the clutch.
rScotty

/ SURPRISE! #62  
Just bought a dethatcher from Blaine's online that they shipped to my house. Thought it seemed like a lot of tape on the box, probably shipping insurance. Nope, missing half the hardware. Took it to store that now had it in stock, exchanged, and they refunded original shipping.

Last year, remodeling basement, buying LED can lights, 6 of the $40 boxes at Menards had the $13 lights in them. The guy working the desk seemed real annoyed. Glad my wife and I were interested in just how they looked and opened the first one.

/ SURPRISE! #63  
Yet how many posters on here respond to someone who is having a problem tractor by recommending selling their problem to an unknowing buyer. Not much different that returning bad goods to Walmart for a credit.

I bought someone else’s problem, that’s bad. I unloaded my problem, that’s good?

Some people need to look in a mirror.

Apples to oranges.
We aren’t suggesting they sell it by pretending it’s a new tractor. I sold my last Kubota for $2900 or some such price. Anybody could tell just looking at it that it wasn’t a brand new $16,000 tractor.

/ SURPRISE! #64  
Wouldn't a used oil filter leak oil all over and make the box an oily mess? Who would go to the trouble of returning a used filter to save the $6?
The same people that open a candy bar while walking around a big box store and throw the wrapper away. The same people that throw garbage out their car window like beer cans, used needles, and fast food packaging. First hand experienced from rural country.

/ SURPRISE! #65  
The same people that open a candy bar while walking around a big box store and throw the wrapper away. The same people that throw garbage out their car window like beer cans, used needles, and fast food packaging. First hand experienced from rural country.
"Human debris" as one radio guy used to say...

/ SURPRISE! #66  
I always open the filter in the store to make sure it matches the box, this after the cashier did it for me and when I asked why she stated that people take the expensive filters and put them in a cheapo filter box and attempt to purchase it.
Happened to me at Walmart, my car requires a high pressure filter ($9) and some scumbag put a low pressure ($7) filter in the HP filter box. He apparently thought that saving two bucks was a fair trade for trashing some strangers engine.....

/ SURPRISE! #67  
The same people that open a candy bar while walking around a big box store
Years ago one of the grocery stores had a box so that you could toss a nickel in and sample a piece of wrapped candy. I had just put a piece in my mouth when some woman walked up, made a smart aleck comment about it not being free and walked away.
I was in the right but still haven't forgotten being called a thief.

/ SURPRISE! #68  
Walmart will not take the time to inspect returned items, thus it goes back on the shelf.

Few years ago I had purchased an 8-foot florescent fixture from a "big" box home improvement store. Opened it and lo & behold literally half the components were missing.

So I return it, and told customer service exactly what the reason was. Went back to the electrical aisle to get another fixture, and (you guessed it!) along comes a staffer with the fixture I just returned, and they put it right back on the shelf!!

Have done my best to avoid any "homeowner grade" store since.

/ SURPRISE! #69  
I've had that happen more than once with power tools at Home Depot, printer ink (when we had an ink jet printer) at Walmart and various stuff at other big box stores.

I do recall standing in line behind someone trying to return an old beat up drill to HD back in 1997 when I was building my house. HD denied the return, said they never dolfd that model. The man trying to return it got very upset with them.

/ SURPRISE! #70  
I remember a couple guys who would 'short dip' the oil and shove an empty can on the spout and 'add a quart'. Charge the customer for a quart.
This was back when there were Real Service Stations. It's the people these days..............

Plenty of YouTube videos of oil change places still ripping off people