Oil & Fuel Damaged fuel line on MF2410

/ Damaged fuel line on MF2410 #21  
On my 2310, I find I have to rotate my slip collar end onto the mid-PTO shaft several times until it slides on... sure feels like it's keyed to me, on both ends. (MMM end has a white mark on the deck and the shaft to save time.)

/ Damaged fuel line on MF2410 #22  
On my 2310, I find I have to rotate my slip collar end onto the mid-PTO shaft several times until it slides on... sure feels like it's keyed to me, on both ends. (MMM end has a white mark on the deck and the shaft to save time.)
I'll double check today but I've always been able to slide it on in multiple orientations as long as l have the shaft straight. I just wiggle either the output shaft or the collar end.
My 2326 does not have any markings on the collar end.
There are markings (white paint) on the male end of the shaft that denotes the wider spline on the female end.

/ Damaged fuel line on MF2410 #23  
Now to figure out how to put a keyed PTO shaft, onto a non-keyed shaft. This was how I got it new on my 2326 MMM. Pic for ref after some persuasion to get them together. Dealer couldnt grasp that one side was keyed, and the other side wasnt... making it near impossible without damage to get them together. I think I will have to spring for a new half after I figure out if they installed the right shafts together. Do any of you have the same MMM? Is one side of your shaft not keyed (attaches to MMM) and the other half keyed (attaches to tractor PTO)?
Yes, the two halves of the pto shaft are keyed. One of the splines is slightly wider than the rest. It is not easy to tell the difference on the MMM side.

/ Damaged fuel line on MF2410 #24  
I went out looked at my collar end today, no spline difference. took the collar end off and placed it in multiple positions on my mid pto shaft.
then of course dealt with the keyed end of shaft to shaft with fresh grease on it. messy..

edit: I also did same thing with the pto collar end damage I mentioned few posts ago. once I had collar fixed I put it onto MY gc2400 (mower deck not on) and did same thing. key (see what I did there :p ) was if collar end not directly in line (vertical and horizontal alignment) it FELT like it was keyed.
maybe yours is, that would be odd, but I can put half shaft on in multiple positions on MY gc2400

/ Damaged fuel line on MF2410 #25  
PS--the white marks on the PTO-end of my MMM shaft are "Wite-Out" stripes that I put on; there was nothing there from the factory.

/ Damaged fuel line on MF2410 #26  
PS--the white marks on the PTO-end of my MMM shaft are "Wite-Out" stripes that I put on; there was nothing there from the factory.
mine has (from factory) a white paint mark on shaft end denoting the larger spline. the female end has no markings but the larger spline is easy to see. course when mating the 2 you always get at least one hand all covered in grease.
this is why I am dead set against pto shaft divorces.....what God has joined let no stupid man with nothing better to do tear asunder.....

pto shaft divorces are one of the leading causes of stress to people of my age....