Today, would you buy an EV vehicle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Today, would you buy an EV vehicle. #1  

ljjhouser

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L4701
With many manufacturers now advertising ev, even in trucks (Ford Lightning, CyberTruck, Rivian) would you invest in an EV vehicle? If everything moves to electric, when do you think you would switch to an ev -- or maybe Hybrid. The future of gas and diesel looks questionable.

I bought a new truck in 2021. Things are changing. The V8 engine is almost a thing of the past. When do you think, as you shop for a new vehicle, you will consider EV as your best choice? Will that happen when you want to keep your truck 6-8 years and gas stations might become difficult to find?

Then there are EV tractors.

Just curious. Thought this when looking for a new truck.

/ Today, would you buy an EV vehicle. #2  
I’m not a big fan of the idea but with the tax credits combined with the high and rising fuel prices I might consider one.

/ Today, would you buy an EV vehicle. #3  
if you think Ev's are going to replace cars and trucks in 6-8 years, i think your off by about 20.... not everyone can afford 50k vehicles, nor are the gas company going to wave a white flag and say guess were done stick a fork in us.

buy what works for you today. you may be dead tomorrow.

this applies to literally anything

/ Today, would you buy an EV vehicle. #4  
I'd buy a Ford Lightning. That seems to be the best one out there. From a stable manufacturer with years of truck building experience.

/ Today, would you buy an EV vehicle.
if you think Ev's are going to replace cars and trucks in 6-8 years, i think your off by about 20.... not everyone can afford 50k vehicles, nor are the gas company going to wave a white flag and say guess were done stick a fork in us.

buy what works for you today. you may be dead tomorrow.

this applies to literally anything
LittleBill - You made me smile. And your last statement could be so true.

/ Today, would you buy an EV vehicle. #6  
A vehicle...mostly likely a car (and I'd keep my truck)...I'd probably buy as long as it has a minimum of a 200 mile range.
Tractor? No, I'll stick with Diesel

/ Today, would you buy an EV vehicle. #7  
If shopping it would be something to consider but I'm well stocked with internal combustion vehicles at this point.

6% of market is electric and growing...

I think higher in Bay Area because you can't come to an intersection and not encounter at least one electric vehicle ..

I have several neighbors with them and they also have large solar installs so charge mostly with solar.

/ Today, would you buy an EV vehicle.
I'd buy a Ford Lightning. That seems to be the best one out there. From a stable manufacturer with years of truck building experience.
It is a nice looking truck. I read an article that Lightning sales will not be at Ford dealers. That Ford is developing a new division company - I think separate - for EV. I am guessing that that may be so that those dealerships have the capability to service EV and only EV. It is good to see that they are looking into how to service ev.

/ Today, would you buy an EV vehicle. #10  
Nope....Pretty much a skeptic here.... The electrical thing about clean vehicles and energy is just a bubble, like what has happened in the past, like Housing, and internet, and a turkey in every oven on Thanksgiving bubbles... Follow the money (bubble).... Climate change, man probably can not do much about it as Mother Nature is in control....

And then there is issue of cost of replacement batteries a few years down the road, and environmental hazards for disposing of defective batteries,,, And let's not forget all the pollution and environmental hazards causes by the mining/extraction of exotic materials to create the batteries...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.