Not so quick coupling (stuck)

/ Not so quick coupling (stuck)
If you look at the pic closer, the coupler is half pulled out.. it seems to be stuck on something "inside" the the sleeve outside.

/ Not so quick coupling (stuck) #12  
I would probably try tapping it gently with a hammer and/or turning the sleeve with a pliers. Maybe a little WD40 wouldn't hurt either.

Edit: If that doesn't work, get a larger hammer! No, No just kidding!

/ Not so quick coupling (stuck) #13  
I had issues too every time I connected. I would run the loader stick to relieve pressure but it never worked. Then I made a call to my dealer and he reminded me that my third function was electronically controlled and I needed to have the tractor OFF with the key on run and press the third function valve. Since that discussion, I haven't had one not just slide on extremely easily. I just always have to remember to do it before I disconnect anything or that pressure is stored up in the implement side. THe only way around that was to crack open a line and bleed some pressure which is annoying and messier than necessary.

Just noticed you really are having issues on the de-coupling side. Move the sleeve around and try to lube as npalen mentioned. I've had them get grit in them before and re-lubing them helped.

/ Not so quick coupling (stuck) #14  
Might have to refer to a recent thread defining "Firm Whack" . . .

/ Not so quick coupling (stuck) #15  
Weird to get stuck halfway out... Does it rotate freely? Feel gritty?
I've had things get stuck with a vacuum formed by an oil film, but quick couplers usually aren't that close fitting by the time they're half out.

Weird to get stuck halfway out... Does it rotate freely? Feel gritty?
I've had things get stuck with a vacuum formed by an oil film, but quick couplers usually aren't that close fitting by the time they're half out.
Rotates freely. Does not feel gritty. Feels like something is holding onto it on the inside, not outside... like a pin, or whatever is at the tip.. may have to look closer at how bobcat style couplers actually work.

I always clean them at least with a palm of my hand, and usually with a rag before connecting.
using a clamp to put it on may have something to do with it getting stuck, although I never had a problem "forcing" it in before.

I had issues too every time I connected. I would run the loader stick to relieve pressure but it never worked. Then I made a call to my dealer and he reminded me that my third function was electronically controlled and I needed to have the tractor OFF with the key on run and press the third function valve. Since that discussion, I haven't had one not just slide on extremely easily. I just always have to remember to do it before I disconnect anything or that pressure is stored up in the implement side. THe only way around that was to crack open a line and bleed some pressure which is annoying and messier than necessary.

Just noticed you really are having issues on the de-coupling side. Move the sleeve around and try to lube as npalen mentioned. I've had them get grit in them before and re-lubing them helped.

I had issue connecting too, but I could never figure out a pattern. Sometimes it would go in easily, sometimes no matter how much I tried to release the pressure, nothing would work.. My 3rd function is shared with the backhoe, I have to turn two valves (back and cab) in order to direct the flow to an implement... I am not sure I have tried the combination you describe, but I'll certainly keep it in mind if it is to happen again, for now I plan to replace them, details to follow.

I would probably try tapping it gently with a hammer and/or turning the sleeve with a pliers. Maybe a little WD40 wouldn't hurt either.

Edit: If that doesn't work, get a larger hammer! No, No just kidding!
It's already oily from the hydraulic oil.. i dunno it needs more grease.. but I'll try this approach as well.

Based on close virual inspection the model #'s are Faster 3FF 112 M (male) and 3FF 112 F (female/stuck)
I got BobCat couplers today at local tractor supply 7246777 (male) and 7246790 (female).. about $50 ea.. (looks like about same price as link below)

if I google either part, I get ISO 16028 compatible couplers.. upon close examination, BobCat couplers are also made by Faster
Model #'s: FFH 08 M and Faster FFH 08 F

based on link above and visual comparison (w/o taking new ones out of the bag) look to be the compatible.. a little worried about inside thread, but nut size looks same.. new ones are a little shorter.

I will try a few more things, but at this point it might be quicker to just take it off and tinker with it off the tractor.

Last edited:
   / Not so quick coupling (stuck) #20  
Use a lot of flat face connectors. Haven’t had one hang up disconnecting …yet.

Have had the barrel of the female connector unscrew and leak before I noticed. That might effect the locking mechanism???Made that way to be able to take apart and replace o-rings. In my case simply tightening the barrel fixed the leak. Fine thread took a couple of turns.

Think all the ones I use have locking detent ball that requires the female collar alignment.

Always careful using a clamp to connect fittings.