Branson brand to be discontinued?

/ Branson brand to be discontinued? #81  
Feel better? I'm curious why you care this much and/or have the need for the Branson crowd to acknowledge your sage predictions.
So here, I'll acknowledge you.
TYM did buy Kukje
Cummins does have Kukje build the Onan designed, Cummins A series engine.
Branson will most likely be rebadged to TYM and may even stop designing its own tractors.

The world will still turn, and Branson owners will continue to enjoy their tractors.

/ Branson brand to be discontinued? #82  
Feel better? I'm curious why you care this much and/or have the need for the Branson crowd to acknowledge your sage predictions.
So here, I'll acknowledge you.
TYM did buy Kukje
Cummins does have Kukje build the Onan designed, Cummins A series engine.
Branson will most likely be rebadged to TYM and may even stop designing its own tractors.

The world will still turn, and Branson owners will continue to enjoy their tractors.
Here, let me correct you...

The diesel was designed by Kohler, there NOW I feel better. lol lol

Have a great day!

SR

/ Branson brand to be discontinued? #83  
Here, let me correct you...

The diesel was designed by Kohler, there NOW I feel better. lol lol

Have a great day!

SR
EDIT: I deleted my dis, I'm trying to be less sarcastic :) -- You must be a blast at parties LOL

The Cummins A Series diesel engine family was conceived as the Onan L Series (1*). That design began with a clean sheet of paper without tooling constraints. The designers were thus free to minimize package size and optimize application flexibility, structural characteristics, and service ability.

Last edited:
   / Branson brand to be discontinued? #84  
EDIT: I deleted my dis, I'm trying to be less sarcastic :) -- You must be a blast at parties LOL

It's true, it was an Onan bought by Cummins, but Onan got it from Kohler, so originally it was a Kohler design. It probably did get some small changes along the way, but no big changes were made to the Kohler design.

No dis to you, or anyone else in here...

SR

/ Branson brand to be discontinued? #85  
It's true, it was an Onan bought by Cummins, but Onan got it from Kohler, so originally it was a Kohler design. It probably did get some small changes along the way, but no big changes were made to the Kohler design.

SR
If you say so. Everything I find makes no mention of Kohler but I'll take your word for it ;)

A series was evolutionary from Onan L series which this claims was developed by onan in 1977

But honestly I have stuff to do outside, just here eating my lunch :) we can squabble about this or I can go outside and enjoy the sun :)
I know what my vote is.

/ Branson brand to be discontinued? #86  

SR
Actually from what was in a linked article sometime back on TBN and "IIRC"- when Cummins revamped the design possibly with Kukje input, they switched from a replaceable liner block to a parent material block, and they reinforced some areas as well as thickening the block to head surface(s) as well.
Great Idea since these engines are definitely a stressed member engine/tractor design.

With Branson's production and sales increases plus TYM adding the engine to some of their models as well, the updated Cummins design changes sure seem to have only improved on overall long term reliability.

I tried to find that article but must not be searching correctly for it.

Last edited:
   / Branson brand to be discontinued? #87  
Actually from what was in a linked article sometime back on TBN and "IIRC"- when Cummins revamped the design possibly with Kukji input, they switched from a replaceable liner block to a parent material block, and they reinforced some areas as well as thickening the block to head surface(s) as well. With Branson's production and sales increases plus TYM adding the engine to some of their models as well, the updated Cummins design changes sure seem to have only improved on overall long term reliability.

I tried to find that article but must not be searching correctly for it.
I read the same in the past, it is one of the Kukje main sites I think.

Found this (which BTW says the engine was originally Onan :) )

But a snippet in this says we are all wrong :)

Last edited:
   / Branson brand to be discontinued? #88  
I read the same in the past, it is one of the Kukje main sites I think.

Found this (which BTW says the engine was originally Onan :) )

But a snippet in this says we are all wrong :)
So their title of "Another step down" is just referring to Cummins able to market a .9 liter diesel engine not that Cummins has again lowered it's standards.

I absolutely think the B series engines are The 3/4 and one ton truck Bench mark for reliability.
Casual reading of the article name would mislead a reader to a Wrong conclusion about the Cummins A series/Kukje diesel engines.
Nothing I read in there was Knocking the engine and the reference to the different oil pan models available to strengthen the block even further was also positive info.a bit of click bait 'Cummins and Step down" to get readers

Last edited:
   / Branson brand to be discontinued? #89  
So their title of "Another step down" is just referring to Cummins able to market a .9 liter diesel engine not that Cummins has again lowered it's standards.

I absolutely think the B series engines are The 3/4 and one ton truck Bench mark for reliability.
Casual reading of the article name would mislead a reader to a Wrong conclusion about the Cummins A series/Kukje diesel engines.
Nothing I read in there was Knocking the engine and the reference to the different oil pan models available to strengthen the block even further was also positive info.a bit of click bait 'Cummins and Step down" to get readers
Yeah agree. I took it to mean a step down in size, but I see how the title is click bait.

/ Branson brand to be discontinued? #90  
I'm just wondering if you guys will be crying big crocodile tears when the Branson name is gone, and they are ALL called TYM's from that day on??

I'm betting that's what WILL happen.

SR
If that happens I'll just be proud I got mine when I did! Maybe they will keep the name and change the color, then I still have bragging rights; "oh, yeah, I have a red Branson."