TODAY'S GUN TIME

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #10,851  
Yes, My name is Joe. I will let you have that. I am Joe.... what does that mean?
Mostly because you sound like someone else named Joe who doesn’t understand bad people, specifically bad people involved in home invasions, and how home invasions often play out.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #10,853  
Keep it simple, sonny.

:)

Bruce

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #10,854  
What's everyone's preferred 308 Win projectile for white tails? My Ruger doesn't seem to shoot great with 168/180s; so I've got some 150 Hornday Interlocks. Haven't seen much for hunting projectiles in the 150ish grain range in stock when I've made any orders. Wouldn't mind maybe some GMXs or Speer Golddots.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #10,855  
For a 308 I've always preferred 165's more than 150's. But for whitetails, a 150 is certainly "plenty". My first attempt with any new hunting rifle is always going to be Noslers, because they've always worked for me over decades of deer and elk hunting. I think if I were after a 150 grain deer bullet, my first look would be for the Nosler 150 gr Ballistic Tip bullet. I've used the BT's in everything from 338 Win mag down to 243 Wins, and they've always done the job on game and been accurate in flight.

I tend to load the 165 gr Nosler Partitions in my 308. But it's really a "mule deer and up" gun. For whitetails, I prefer either my 7-30 Waters and a 140 gr CT (Nosler "Combined Technology"-which is a Ballistic Tip with a fancy coating), or if I think my shot may be way out there, my 257 Weatherby mag with 115 gr Nosler Ballistic Tips.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #10,856  
What's everyone's preferred 308 Win projectile for white tails? My Ruger doesn't seem to shoot great with 168/180s; so I've got some 150 Hornday Interlocks. Haven't seen much for hunting projectiles in the 150ish grain range in stock when I've made any orders. Wouldn't mind maybe some GMXs or Speer Golddots.
Hornady ELD-M and VMAX are pretty much all I use anymore to it of .223, .264, .30

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #10,857  
For a 308 I've always preferred 165's more than 150's. But for whitetails, a 150 is certainly "plenty". My first attempt with any new hunting rifle is always going to be Noslers, because they've always worked for me over decades of deer and elk hunting. I think if I were after a 150 grain deer bullet, my first look would be for the Nosler 150 gr Ballistic Tip bullet. I've used the BT's in everything from 338 Win mag down to 243 Wins, and they've always done the job on game and been accurate in flight.

I tend to load the 165 gr Nosler Partitions in my 308. But it's really a "mule deer and up" gun. For whitetails, I prefer either my 7-30 Waters and a 140 gr CT (Nosler "Combined Technology"-which is a Ballistic Tip with a fancy coating), or if I think my shot may be way out there, my 257 Weatherby mag with 115 gr Nosler Ballistic Tips.
Nosler makes some great hunting rounds but they sure don’t like to shoot well for me at any meaningful range. Nosler<Hornady<Berger…but I can only pretend to afford Hornady.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #10,858  
I've had good results from Sierra 168gr Matchkings out of my 7x57 Mauser, but the 150gr Hornadys worked better for me in the .30-'06.

Which reminds me that I haven't shot either of those guns in several years. (head hanging in shame)

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #10,859  
Both my .308 hunting rifles are MOA with Sierra 165 Gamekings

The Hornady is s fine bullet. If it does not shoot well, and nothing else has worked, I would suspect you have a gun or scope issue.