B3350 and diesel particulate filter

/ B3350 and diesel particulate filter #31  
If I was looking for another tractor it would have fuel injection similar to this, but that's just me.

each to his own....

Emission Control.png

Mechanic.jpg

/ B3350 and diesel particulate filter #32  
I'm going to offer some advice different from the others. RUN, don't walk from this tractor!

/ B3350 and diesel particulate filter #33  
Check out this video from Messick's on the B3350. Neil Messick acknowledges that the model had "some issues" with the exhaust system, but he bought one for himself because he got a good price on it exactly for that reason.

Also, it helps that he owns a 30,000 sq ft (now 60,000 sq ft) shop that he can bring the thing to on a moment's notice when it has problems. (He didn't mention that, that's my two cents!)

EDIT: Actually, he did mention that. I went on and watched the entire video, past where he mentions the B3350 issues, and he says - paraphrasing - that the folks who work there often buy distressed tractors that the general consumer stays away from due to well-known issues. So kudos to him for telling it basically like it is!

Last edited:
   / B3350 and diesel particulate filter
Ok. I passed on the 3350 and did buy the L3301 from a private party.
Looking forward to familiarizing myself with this strange new orange machine.
Appreciate everyone’s input and honesty.

/ B3350 and diesel particulate filter #35  
You'll quite enjoy the L3301 I suspect, it's quite the well built machine.

/ B3350 and diesel particulate filter #36  
We’ve owned 6 kubota tractors, with one exception they have been reliable, economical machines. The exception was a B3350. The tractor was fuel efficient, nimble, and powerful for a compact tractor. The cab, hydraulics, control arrangement, were capable and easy to use. Just a shame that a machine with such admirable attributes was so unreliable that those attributes were unavailable. A machine that can’t be trusted is a liability and not an asset!

/ B3350 and diesel particulate filter #37  
Both my older M9's are very fuel efficient and I'm glad considering the price of off road diesel today.

/ B3350 and diesel particulate filter #38  
I like my Yanmar YT235C as when it regens
I just keep on working no need to stop

willy

/ B3350 and diesel particulate filter #39  
I have 282h on my TYM with a mechanical Cummins A-series license derived engine with NO regen requests ever to date. It does it passivley as you keep it working if you're above 1800-2000rpms.

/ B3350 and diesel particulate filter #40  
Ok. Taking that model off the table is the DPF reliable in any of their other models? Looking at a 2016 L3301 that has the same type filter/regeneration system as well.
Limited search has not resulted in the same level of red flags so was the issue more specific to the B3350 or the regeneration process itself?

I have just shy of 300 hours on my l3901 I had 1 issue the seat switch shorted out fixed under warranty. I have had 4 regen cycles. It’s a good machine if you can get it for the right price