What did you do with your Power Trac today?

/ What did you do with your Power Trac today? #241  
I was going to comment on the age, good size so had to be there a while. I am growing muscadine and concord, the wine is great, never tried to make jam. As they produce more, I will give it a try. Waiting for the mulberries to ripen now.
I cut down several hundred feet of vine this spring. Going to make grapevine wreaths with them.

We have a couple white mulberry trees in the back of that picture. Very tasty and no purple bird poops.

/ What did you do with your Power Trac today? #242  
I cut down several hundred feet of vine this spring. Going to make grapevine wreaths with them.

We have a couple white mulberry trees in the back of that picture. Very tasty and no purple bird poops.
With the amount of pokeweed we have, purple bird poops are a given, my neighbor has had a muscadine Vines for over ten years, when I asked if I could take some cuttings, he said do what you want, it don't make no grapes. He never pruned it in 10 years. Spent an afternoon in February cutting it back to 2 main runners. Probably had a half mile of cuttings. (Never thought of making wreaths). He had grapes that year and every year since.

I have planted mulberries about 4 years ago and they are just starting to bear. I have a mature tree that is loaded with them down in the valley, got to try and shake that tree when the get ripe. Might make a tree shaker for my pt425. Will start a new thread if that happens. Hay is up next!

/ What did you do with your Power Trac today? #243  
My bil has a few different kind of mulberry trees, all prolific. I don't recall what they were but i really liked the flavor of two of them, the third was ok, but more bland.

• Good Post
Reactions: Lnk
   / What did you do with your Power Trac today? #244  
I built some 55 gallon barrel raised planters for my wife and used the PT425 forks to carry them back to the garden area, then dropped the forks and used the small bucket with teeth to get some black dirt and compost from our stockpiles to fill them. Very handy.

We have some sort of horrible grass/weed, probably quack grass, that we have given up on trying to control. Weeding the garden became a large chore. So, we're going to slowly switch to raised planters like this, and other forms of 55 gallon barrel gardening. Hey, it's a hobby!

I got these barrels from a flavoring company. They are food safe. When I hit them with the circular saw, one had grape flavoring and the other vanilla. Man, I've never had such a sweet-smelling project! (y) :)

Had the 4x4's and 2x4's in our stockpile as well. Pressure treated. Saved some costs there.

View attachment 747575
A month later, 3 more planters,
12F4BA7F-D16E-43E3-923F-751341DCA114.jpeg
and 10 days with no lawn mowing....

/ What did you do with your Power Trac today? #246  
You have two 425s?

Nice trench work. I am curious about the caution tape; what is in that trench?

All the best, Peter

/ What did you do with your Power Trac today? #249  
The one with the caution tape has a water line on the bottom, layer of dirt then a gas line, another layer of dirt and then electric and internet cable. The one my son is digging is for sewage.

/ What did you do with your Power Trac today? #250  
I reparked an 8 cu yd dumpster that got dropped in an awkward location.
EBA75359-2D65-4AA9-B7F8-617A1595450C.jpeg

Now it is time to fill it! The 1445 can load and move an almost full LMB filled with the mixed soil/rock. Almost. Dumping the bucket pushes the center of gravity out enough to lift the back wheels if I push the loading too full...

All the best,

Peter