Yesterday. Would you buy and EV?

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Yesterday. Would you buy and EV? #211  
Why is this thread still open and others get closed with nonsense like this?

/ Yesterday. Would you buy and EV? #213  
So, back to EV tractors...

I doubt EV tractors will ever make much sense. The massive battery size needed carries with it a substantial carbon footprint and cost. With tier 4 final reducing diesel emissions so drastically, the impetus for change just isn't going to be there anytime soon. Plus let me know when tractor guys wake up and like to change. 😅

Maybe eventually battery power for ZTRs or lawn and garden tractors will be the norm when battery tech and production efficiency advance much further.

/ Yesterday. Would you buy and EV? #214  
So apparently some of the massive mining dump trucks are now battery powered now. And have 14 hour run time. Which caught me as a surprise. Which comes as a surprise to me, I'm amazed that they could run that long.

/ Yesterday. Would you buy and EV? #215  
So apparently some of the massive mining dump trucks are now battery powered now. And have 14 hour run time. Which caught me as a surprise. Which comes as a surprise to me, I'm amazed that they could run that long.

That is one impressive EV.

/ Yesterday. Would you buy and EV? #216  
That is one impressive EV.

Thank goodness for China!
We will need them from heretofore.
They will be making just about everything for us since we don’t make much anything here anymore.

/ Yesterday. Would you buy and EV? #217  

Thats impressive. When they come up with 400 ton haul trucks that we use here, it would be a game changer.

/ Yesterday. Would you buy and EV? #218  
My son bought a battery powered self propelled lawn mower. Said he's sick of gas cans and oil changes.

Makes sense to me when I think of how much gas my ZT uses and all the small engines I have to maintain.

But 40-60K for a car that can't drive across our state without a charge? Nah.

/ Yesterday. Would you buy and EV? #219  
A comparable electric ZTR for me is about $27k. Like I’ve told my son, I don’t doubt the savings after acquisition, but the cost of entry is so high, the savings are moot.

/ Yesterday. Would you buy and EV? #220  
A comparable electric ZTR for me is about $27k. Like I’ve told my son, I don’t doubt the savings after acquisition, but the cost of entry is so high, the savings are moot.
IIRC, the EGO ZTR costs around $7K. I haven't seen any other manufacturers selling them...where'd you get the $27K price?

Status
Not open for further replies.