B2320 jerks on turns

/ B2320 jerks on turns #1  

grtcrowd

Tractor
Kubota B2320
Seems that we get past one thing and question another. Sorry everyone, but we are newbies to the tractor, so please bear with us. Our B2320 has a belly mower that works beautifully BUT after using several times, we are finding that on 'hard' turns, the tractor 'jerks'. We have tried it with and without the mower engaged. It still jerks. We have checked the transmission fluid and the level appears spot-on. Looking for suggestions. Thanks all!

/ B2320 jerks on turns #2  
Probably in 4WD. Since there is no differential between ... oh heck, just go try it with the 4WD OFF.

/ B2320 jerks on turns
Probably in 4WD. Since there is no differential between ... oh heck, just go try it with the 4WD OFF.
K..will check that out. Thanks

/ B2320 jerks on turns #4  
Don't be in 4WD unless you need to be.

If you need to be in 4wd, don't make hard turns.

If you need to be in 4wd and make hard turns, don't power through them. Take them as easily as possible.

Repeatedly powering through hard turns in 4wd can get very expensive.

/ B2320 jerks on turns
Thanks for the responses everyone. We had been working on the tractor and did not realize we had put it in 4WD. (Actually, I think the spouse did it!) But, all is fine now. ;)

/ B2320 jerks on turns #6  
All my 3 JDs did this. Have only noticed it on the Kubota B2601 one time. Think its front/rear tires (R14Ts) are well matched.

DO NOT take it out of 4wd or maybe only do it on pavement. I only ever noticed the problem on paved surface. BE SURE to put back in 4wd on soil/grass. In 2wd, you only have 2 wheel (rear) brakes, and these will just skid going downhill. If you skid sideways, you could flip it.

/ B2320 jerks on turns #7  
DO NOT take it out of 4wd ... BE SURE to put back in 4wd on soil/grass. In 2wd, you only have 2 wheel (rear) brakes, and these will just skid going downhill.
Unless the OP has hills or slopes, there is no reason for that. Many people have more or less flat, level lots and do not need 4wd full time.

If OP has slopes of hills, they can decide when and where 4wd is needed and/or safer.

There isn't one right or wrong way.

/ B2320 jerks on turns #8  
I never use 4wd unless I need to.

Last time I mowed with it on, the machine was chewing up the ground as I maneuvered. Not good.

/ B2320 jerks on turns #9  
All my 3 JDs did this. Have only noticed it on the Kubota B2601 one time. Think its front/rear tires (R14Ts) are well matched.

DO NOT take it out of 4wd or maybe only do it on pavement. I only ever noticed the problem on paved surface. BE SURE to put back in 4wd on soil/grass. In 2wd, you only have 2 wheel (rear) brakes, and these will just skid going downhill. If you skid sideways, you could flip it.
I do not have experience with the 2320 but my BX2200 and all of them I have ever been on (which is several) have such worthless brakes they may as well not be there. Using the HST pedal is the only effective way to stop the thing. Hopefully the 2320 has effective brakes and, if so, you would be right about them working for all 4 wheels when in 4wd.

/ B2320 jerks on turns #10  
I do not have experience with the 2320 but my BX2200 and all of them I have ever been on (which is several) have such worthless brakes they may as well not be there. Using the HST pedal is the only effective way to stop the thing. Hopefully the 2320 has effective brakes and, if so, you would be right about them working for all 4 wheels when in 4wd.
In 2wd, the HST is only working the rear wheels. Same problem in going downhill. Rear tires will slip, possibly allowing tractor to slide sideways and then flip.