The nice feeling of not buy Chinese tools.

/ The nice feeling of not buy Chinese tools. #21  
People blame the Chinese for what was really Americans wanting to buy cheap garbage and getting exactly that. The Chinese can and do make quality products.

That’s true, but you might be missing the bigger picture.
Yes, everything made in China IS cheaper and everyone wants everything cheap because inflation is crushing the middle class.
However, I think what many desire (including myself) is for the USA to go back to making more things here again for jobs, national security, and having a bloodline of citizens still able to craft tools and machinery moving into the future.

We cant have an underclass working for Amazon and WalMart and an upper class alone.

Last edited:
   / The nice feeling of not buy Chinese tools. #22  
When possible I purchase from Eastern European manufactures, and will avoid products from authoritarian nations when I can afford to.

That last half is a real motherf... ugh, we've already tied our own noose.

/ The nice feeling of not buy Chinese tools. #23  
I’ve never seen a green Bosch but my blue Bosch sanders have been great.
The green Bosch tools are the consumer grade, not sold in the US. The blue tools are considered the pro line. Bosch tried a consumer line some years ago by buying Skill. After a few years they sold the Skill to a chinese company after not seeing much success with the low end tool line in the US.

paul

(BTW I work for Bosch)

/ The nice feeling of not buy Chinese tools. #25  
Some years back it was a trend to aid poorer nations and we'd do so by giving them modern production machinery.
Problem was they'd then operate them at minimum wages and thus put our factories out of business.
Then to add insult to injury they'd buy up our registered brand names and logos at auctions and fool the buying public for a while.

So in fact we actually aided them in shifting production offshore.
I.E., we brought it upon ourselves.
I can just hear a politician argue that to export that computer driven production machine would result in net economic gains for his region, (for that year) followed by job losses down the road.

/ The nice feeling of not buy Chinese tools. #26  
The boys with the sharp pencils (or large spreadsheets) are quick to adapt.

When American shoemaking moved to Asia, the leather shoes were still made from American hides. The duty on leather shoes was less than 10%; the duty on non-leather shoes was over 35%. Nike and others put leather swooshes, stripes, or other decorations on the shoes so the chief (>50% by weight) material of the shoe upper was leather.

More recently a hand tool company was called out. Their "Made in America" wrench sets were China-forged wrenches that had been placed in plastic pouches somewhere in America. The wording I now see is "Assembled in _________ from globally sourced components."

/ The nice feeling of not buy Chinese tools. #27  
If you want US made hand or power tools, CL is loaded with them.
I need more 3/4” drive sockets and bigger wrenches.

/ The nice feeling of not buy Chinese tools. #28  
If you want US made hand or power tools, CL is loaded with them.
I need more 3/4” drive sockets and bigger wrenches.
What's "CL"? I also need some bigger hand tools for tractor maintenance. I'm new to this tractor thing, but I'm finding out real quick.

/ The nice feeling of not buy Chinese tools. #30  
I find that most items on CL are either used and abused or over priced junk. FB marketplace is better, not much better but a bit.