TODAY'S GUN TIME

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #10,891  
Went yesterday to 3 of our local shops that sell reloading components. None of them had anything I was looking for, but they did have "some" stuff.

Not in desperate need, just don't like getting down to zero on hand for any given caliber.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #10,892  
After looking for a few months I finally found some small rifle primers… felt like I won the lottery!

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #10,893  
What's everyone's preferred 308 Win projectile for white tails? My Ruger doesn't seem to shoot great with 168/180s; so I've got some 150 Hornday Interlocks. Haven't seen much for hunting projectiles in the 150ish grain range in stock when I've made any orders. Wouldn't mind maybe some GMXs or Speer Golddots.
Check your barrel's twist rate. If the twist is too slow, it may not get the spin required to stabilize the heaver bullet. Here are a couple useful pages on the subject. One has a simple formula that you can play with. The other is a calculator, which you can plug in various know values to determine if your bullet will be stable.
Keep in mind, while every barrel is a different entity, and what might work in one gun will not work exactly the same in another, the twist rate pretty much determines the maximum weight bullet that can be shot in a barrel.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #10,894  
Went to “big city” today and decided to check out the selection. Gun store was closed! On Independence Day? That’s un American!:eek:

Happy 4th all.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #10,896  
Went to “big city” today and decided to check out the selection. Gun store was closed! On Independence Day? That’s un American!:eek:

Happy 4th all.
The last time I worked retail they made me work the 4th of July.. I quit the next day!

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #10,897  
So I had all my siblings out for a few days this last week, had a great time. I had set up a Champion clay bird thrower with the wobbler set up on it, what fun!! Also they wanted to blow stuff up so we mixed up some home made "tannerite". We had 3 targets... 2 at 100 yards, 1 at 300 yards, 3 different shooters and my Tikka T3x stainless hunter in 6.5 CM.... 3 targets, 3 shooters, 3 shots, and set them all off... 100% nicely accurate (my loads) .

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #10,898  
my Tikka T3x stainless hunter in 6.5 CM....
My night hunting hog gun is a Tikka T3x stainless in 6.5CM fitted with a Pulsar Trail XQ50 and a Nomad 30 Ti suppressor. Unbelievably good shooting gun, light weight and easy to carry. What also makes it nice for this purpose is the removable mags (I use the 5 rds and carry an extra 1 or 2 in my pocket) as well as the continuous flat top for a picatinny rail that can't obscure the ejection port.

I bought my youngest daughter a Tikka T3x stainless laminate in .260 Remington (no longer made in this caliber). It's probably one of the prettiest guns I've ever seen, and it also shoots incredibly well.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #10,899  
My night hunting hog gun is a Tikka T3x stainless in 6.5CM fitted with a Pulsar Trail XQ50 and a Nomad 30 Ti suppressor. Unbelievably good shooting gun, light weight and easy to carry. What also makes it nice for this purpose is the removable mags (I use the 5 rds and carry an extra 1 or 2 in my pocket) as well as the continuous flat top for a picatinny rail that can't obscure the ejection port.

I bought my youngest daughter a Tikka T3x stainless laminate in .260 Remington (no longer made in this caliber). It's probably one of the prettiest guns I've ever seen, and it also shoots incredibly well.
Yep, love my Tikka!!

t3x_hunter_stainless_fluted_barrel.png