Who want to chat about plasma cutters?

/ Who want to chat about plasma cutters? #21  
Thanks, I couldn't remember the name of my downstream filter. Mine stays clean as well but I use a roll of toilet paper (Charmin) in mine. Heard good and bad about the HF dryers so I went with an IR which was appreciably more expensive, probably has the same guts...lol

I'm 100% a Hypertherm person with fine cut consumables. Great machine and easy to interface to my table or use as a stand alone. besides replacement consumables are easy to purchase. My local Air Products outlet carries them.

/ Who want to chat about plasma cutters? #22  
I used to install very expensive units in cabinet shops…. They were all chinese made guts. So i figured, why bother.

there just refrigeration units that take moisture out of the air. Pretty basic guts.

/ Who want to chat about plasma cutters? #23  
I used to install very expensive units in cabinet shops…. They were all chinese made guts. So i figured, why bother.

there just refrigeration units that take moisture out of the air. Pretty basic guts.
It all hinges on CFM flow through the unit and if the unit can extract (condense) the entrained moisture 100% at maximum required CFM and I bet the guts are the same on all of them.

/ Who want to chat about plasma cutters? #24  
I picked up a YES brand CUT-65DS on super discount. Only cut a few things, but works great, lots of good reviews. Supposed to cut up to 1" mild steel. I cut a piece of 1/2" 4140 plate, it did a nice job. The manual is lacking, there's no chart for thickness vs CFM and/or current.

Once the industry switched to switching supplies instead of heavy transformers, it's all about QC on the circuit boards. Every cell tower in the world runs on switching supplies now and run 24/7/365, so the technology is sound.

/ Who want to chat about plasma cutters? #25  
My vote would be for a hypertherm, they make the best plasma cutters. I have a 45xp and it's been a great machine. Very frugal with consumables and runs on my compressor which is only 20gallon. I did add about 40 feet of copper pipe to cool the air and collect moisture. I've easily cut 3/8 steel and 1/2 going slow.

/ Who want to chat about plasma cutters? #26  
Who's got one or uses one?

I'm thinking of getting this one: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0052OX87...&colid=TJYU61LC7LU&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

I've been reading comparisons and watching some youtube reviews, that one seems to be a hit.
I used mine for metal craft that we sold at craft shows. I got a dual power, 110 and 220, because don't always have 220 available. At 110 it will cut 3/16 smoth. Most of the time I am cutting old saw blades, so it works great. I paid more but American. Hyper-Therm 30xp. Very easy on the expendable. We'll worth the extra cost. It's quality.

/ Who want to chat about plasma cutters? #27  
I have a Miller Spectrum 375 it will cut close to half inch. Very dependable machine.

/ Who want to chat about plasma cutters? #28  
I bought a Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 40, about 10 years ago, and have a large dryer attached to my 20gal tank air compressor. It works really well, and consumables really last long.

/ Who want to chat about plasma cutters? #29  
Nice thing about the micro processor controlled Hypertherm's is they decide the cut amperage by sensing the thickness of the metal, you can maually adjust but I never do. I let my machine decide.

/ Who want to chat about plasma cutters? #30  
Who's got one or uses one?

I'm thinking of getting this one: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0052OX87...&colid=TJYU61LC7LU&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

I've been reading comparisons and watching some youtube reviews, that one seems to be a hit.
I have a miller spectrum 625. What you want to do is determine how thick you want to cut, then look at consumable cost, price, availability of consumables. Then look at reliability, warranty, and do you need a compressor. Do not accept that one brand is better than all others.