new ranger review?

/ new ranger review? #683  
I have owned 2 Rangers and know a lot of people who have and nobody every had a problem with theirs.
You are the first one I have ever heard complain.

/ new ranger review? #684  
It was a 2002, IIRC.
Between the third generation Ranger and the fourth generation Ranger none were produced for 8 years. The fourth Generation was introduced in late 2018.

These 4th generation Rangers are totally different and cannot be compared to earlier versions.

/ new ranger review? #685  
Funny story. When I met my wife, she had an '87 Dodge Shadow and I had a '80 Nissan 200SX. Hers was still under warranty and mine had over 100k miles (45k from me). Mine was had a little damage from a fender bender and some sun damage on back seats (we lived in Vegas). Every few months, her car was in the shop for one problem or another. Most of it was covered by warranty, but it was inconvenient as she needed to be picked up and returned to the dealership. Mine never had one problem with anything mechanical. Fill it with gas, get oil changes every so often and it was golden. The lesson for her was that reliability is more important than warranty. We never bought another Dodge, either. Toyota has since earned my trust. They are not always the prettiest, they don't always have the most power or the smoothest ride, but they almost always have top notch reliability.

Ford has good reliability only if you compare to Chevy and Chrysler. They consistently fall behind Toyota and Honda. I'm not a mechanic. I don't buy vehicles to work on them, I buy them to work for me. The Ford failed in that regard and I am not an outlier.

1657126006825.png

/ new ranger review? #686  
Torvy, are you a Consumer Reports member? Check out the 2019 Ford Ranger in Consumer Reports.

/ new ranger review? #687  
Between the third generation Ranger and the fourth generation Ranger none were produced for 8 years. The fourth Generation was introduced in late 2018.

These 4th generation Rangers are totally different and cannot be compared to earlier versions.
I hear you...I'm just that guy who will not give a manufacturer a second chance. The data over time is with Toyota for my needs. Except, for some reason, the 2019 Tacoma had problems. I want an older one....just for around the property and short runs to town...light towing for UTV short distances.

/ new ranger review? #688  
I hear you...I'm just that guy who will not give a manufacturer a second chance. The data over time is with Toyota for my needs. Except, for some reason, the 2019 Tacoma had problems. I want an older one....just for around the property and short runs to town...light towing for UTV short distances.
I also only give auto dealers one chance. I will never again buy any vehicle Nissan makes.

/ new ranger review? #689  
Still like this Ranger thing. Would get another, in fact, we will look at a Bronco as our next vehical....
Are you talking about the full size Bronco or the Bronco Sport?

/ new ranger review? #690  
Still like this Ranger thing. Would get another, in fact, we will look at a Bronco as our next vehical....View attachment 753045View attachment 753044

Back in 2004 when I once considered a smaller pickup but then I realized that the smaller pickups got the same mpg as the half-tons, but were not as quiet inside, and could not tow as much, so I bought an F150, and again in 2005 when Ford offered everybody A-plan pricing. I traded the 2005 for a new 2011 F150 that I have to this day that claims to be getting 19.0 mpg on the latest tank of fuel (although the truck is dissolving due to salt and gravel roads theoretically getting lighter every year, heh).

I've a buddy with a chevy half-ton diesel who claims he is in the low 30s mpg wise on the highway and another buddy thinking about getting a RAM half-ton diesel for the mpg as he is nationwide running around and has been renting vehicles (Dude is the Nationwide guy, I 'ain't got time for this).