Tractors and wood! Show your pics

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #20,511  
Looks good. You obviously have skills I don't have.😉 I could use protection under my tractor in the woods. I am careful but stuff happens. I broke the hst treadle switch once with a snag. Tractor wouldn't start. That was awkward back in the woods for a while.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #20,512  
20220706_113611.jpg

20220706_113646.jpg

Not sure if I'm wasting my time or not, but this was a big pine that's been standing dead for years. (over 15)
I've been scared to drop it with it's massive top but was very curious about possibly some unique wood in the center. Well the top 1/3 of the tree snapped off about a year ago and the safety concerns were gone so I'm going to put it on the mill to see if I have anything special or just some wormy half rotted pine.😁
I'll let you know.
20220706_095330.jpg

The stump cut was encouraging although the outer 6" or so was junk but it got progressively better with the 2nd and 3rd log.
I'll see these YouTube guys saw into similar old logs and really find some pretty wood, they're usually a hardwood.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #20,514  
View attachment 753065

View attachment 753067
Not sure if I'm wasting my time or not, but this was a big pine that's been standing dead for years. (over 15)
I've been scared to drop it with it's massive top but was very curious about possibly some unique wood in the center. Well the top 1/3 of the tree snapped off about a year ago and the safety concerns were gone so I'm going to put it on the mill to see if I have anything special or just some wormy half rotted pine.😁
I'll let you know.
View attachment 753068
The stump cut was encouraging although the outer 6" or so was junk but it got progressively better with the 2nd and 3rd log.
I'll see these YouTube guys saw into similar old logs and really find some pretty wood, they're usually a hardwood.
Just living up to your state name.

Maine Nickname: The Pine Tree State​

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #20,515  
Sounds interesting - I wonder how much structural integrity it will have. Your not wasting time if you are enjoying what you are doing and learning something.

gg

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #20,516  
Just took delivery last Friday and put it to work Sunday afternoon. It sure made the task of getting wood back to house easier.

Attachments

• IMG_20220702_202330.jpg
    IMG_20220702_202330.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 86
  • PXL_20220702_231900561.jpg
    PXL_20220702_231900561.jpg
    5.5 MB · Views: 89
   / Tractors and wood! Show your pics #20,517  
Just took delivery last Friday and put it to work Sunday afternoon. It sure made the task of getting wood back to house easier.
You need a wagon now or carry all. That will be your next project. What tractor is it?

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #20,518  
You'll be pleasantly surprised at how many uses you will find for it. And the carryall mentioned below will probably be just the first of many implements you will want. The tractor is just the initial expense. :D
You need a wagon now or carry all. That will be your next project. What tractor is it?

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #20,519  

Congrats on the new tractor and welcome to TBN !! As they said above - this is just the beginning.

gg