Backhoe WEAK

/ Backhoe WEAK #1  

TNWoodwright

Tractor
2022 TYM T474
Just joined Got a new TYM with backhoe.

Tried backhoe today and I can dig faster with a shovel. It won't even dig a full bucket of dirt in soft ground. Seems like if it hits any resistant's, it stops. Hydraulics work fine and controls are fast but its pretty much useless
We traded a New Holland TC30 25 HP with a woods backhoe and it would dig circles around this thing. Trying to find any information before calling dealer Monday

Thanks

/ Backhoe WEAK #2  
No experience with tractor backhoes, but maybe there is a hydraulic pressure relief valve on it that is set too low.

/ Backhoe WEAK #3  
Something is obviously wrong but the dealer is your best choice to troubleshoot that out. After all, that's what warranty is for.

/ Backhoe WEAK #4  
Who installed and plumbed the hoe? If new and dealer I agree sounds like a dealer problem.

Does loader operate correctly?

/ Backhoe WEAK
Thanks guys
Dealer sent out two service guys this morning and they seem to think it was fine. Not a chance Neither of them had any experience on the hoe.
One guy tried it and was digging in a pile of dirt i had previously pushed up with the New Holland and the backhoe was straining to get a bucket full of dirt.
The backhoe controls are fast and if you don't pull the locking pins (Up and down and left and right) it has enough power to bend a 3/4 pin
I know on these backhoes most of the power is in the bucket when you put it in the ground and pull it back but this doesn't seem to have any. It flat just stops

Read somewhere that there was a problem with the disconnects not being the right size but of course didn't save it and can't find it Brain dead on that one. if anyone has heard this maybe you could reference me. sucks being a newbie :) Ill keep looking

Thanks

/ Backhoe WEAK #6  
Let us know what you find. My service guy just swung through with a new backhoe on his trailer. I got a little jealous just seeing it.

/ Backhoe WEAK
Finally found it
This guy does a review on the hoe and comes to same conclusion. Talks about oil flow and couplings
You can go to the 5-minute mark to get to the content

/ Backhoe WEAK #8  
Just had my Kubota BH77 repaired. It would not swing to the right and came back very slowly to the left. Also there was no strength when going to the right, I could push the boom by hand, that's how weak it was. My dealer fixed the problem in one day. The explanation was "dirt in the lines" That plugged up the valve for the swing function. That's all I know, but everything has been working for several months now.
I was ripped off big time by going to, a closer off brand dealer, last year with the same problem. So I recommend going to a brand name dealer.

/ Backhoe WEAK #9  
Finally found it
This guy does a review on the hoe and comes to same conclusion. Talks about oil flow and couplings
You can go to the 5-minute mark to get to the content

If flow related try idling the tractor down. Functions should run slower but would be surprised if makes much difference in digging force. If it does then would look real hard at installing a larger tank line and or tank line connection.

/ Backhoe WEAK #10  
Where does the power to the rear route to/from. Any chance of a partially closed valve or kinked line?