Removing hotwire start method. Yanmar 155d

/ Removing hotwire start method. Yanmar 155d #1  

frazlo

Tractor
yanmar ym 155d
Hi there, I am trying to help my landlord to get his tractor functioning properly. It was started by hot wiring in the past and I am trying to get it back to starting with a key. I believe the clutch safety was bypassed but am not able to locate it. Can anyone point me in the right direction to locate the safety switch?

/ Removing hotwire start method. Yanmar 155d #2  
If it were me and I did not have correct location of switch, I would crawl under the beast and inspect all components of clutch linkage....Not going to a lot of mechaniocal stuff to look at, and there will probbl be a switch close to pedal or where throwout shaft goes into belhousing...

/ Removing hotwire start method. Yanmar 155d #3  
Look around the clutch mechanism for a switch as WranglerX suggested, but Tractor Data indicates the 155d was made from 1976-1979. There may not have been a safety switch on the clutch in those years.

/ Removing hotwire start method. Yanmar 155d
🤔 Hadn't thought about it not actually being there. I will take one more hard look and maybe I can figure out how to install one 😁👍 thank you.

/ Removing hotwire start method. Yanmar 155d #5  
Can you find a parts explosion site? That can help you find specific parts on alot of equipment.

/ Removing hotwire start method. Yanmar 155d #6  
If u go and join The Tractor Forum, they have all the Yanmar manuals free, even the grey market machines..if it’s not there.. there are members of the Yanmar Owners Group that will lead u to the manuals..

/ Removing hotwire start method. Yanmar 155d #7  
I see this hasn't been resolved - or the OP never came back.

There's likely a second similar safety switch at the PTO lever. Too many times I've shut down while mowing or tilling then wondered why I couldn't restart until I remembered to disengage the PTO.